• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Falcons are in the same situation as we are? So many options

If ATL drafts a QB after committing what they did to Matt Ryan it would be a waste of a pick, as that QB is going to sit at least a year, and likely two. 

Ryan's contract doesn't have a viable out until 2023 - 2021 Dead Cap - 70M // 2022 Dead Cap - 40.5M // 2023 Dead Cap - 15.6M

And even then that is a lot in 2023, and he'd still be younger than Brady is right now at that point. IF you HAVE a QB that's been healthy overall as he has, you build around them until they can't play. Smart money trades back for more picks, or BPA. 

If they want a young QB to look at Day 3 where they might get a better value. 

1 minute ago, irrevalentfalconsfan said:

Same. QB isn't a pressing need- Matt has 3-4 years left in the tank. Way I see it, we take Pitts, then get Najee if he's there at 35 or Chubba Howard in the 3rd.

We're taking a LT most likely within the first two picks, and I'd wager a IOL in the 3rd / 4th. I think the 1st selection is left to up to:

1) QB if a guy falls

2) SeWell

3) BPA

------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see Slater head and shoulders above the T's available at the top of the 2nd, and being 6'3 / 315, to me he's built more like a Guard stature wise. 

3 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Sounds like last years Cowboys offense to me with no defence won’t go far. And I’d rather them not have a franchise QB in waiting 

The hope is that Dean Pees can get it up and running again. We have a lot of young talent in AJ Terrell, Grady Jarrett and Deion Jones. Also some good vets in Duron Harmon, Fabian Moreau, and Bark Mingo. They've also proved that they can ball (see-Vegas game last season). We just need consistency. 

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

We're taking a LT most likely within the first two picks, and I'd wager a IOL in the 3rd / 4th. I think the 1st selection is left to up to:

1) QB if a guy falls

2) SeWell

3) BPA

------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see Slater head and shoulders above the T's available at the top of the 2nd, and being 6'3 / 315, to me he's built more like a Guard stature wise. 

I don't see Sewell getting past Cincy.

26 minutes ago, irrevalentfalconsfan said:

I don't see Sewell getting past Cincy.

Cincy has Jonah Williams a top LT from the 2019 class -- believe he was first off the board, and they signed a FA RT with a respectable rep if memory serves. 

I can easily see CIN going skill (Chase / Pitts), but I can also see them stockpiling OL, but LT isn't their issue, it's interior OL. 

The opportunity to add a player of Pitts' caliber is one that would be hard for Atlanta to pass up.

Adding Pitts to an offense that already has Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Hayden Hurst and Russell Gage as pass-catching weapons would make Atlanta's offense one of the best in the NFL.

Along with Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence, Pitts has a chance to become the biggest game-changer in the 2021 NFL Draft.

2 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:
The opportunity to add a player of Pitts' caliber is one that would be hard for Atlanta to pass up.

Adding Pitts to an offense that already has Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Hayden Hurst and Russell Gage as pass-catching weapons would make Atlanta's offense one of the best in the NFL.

Along with Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence, Pitts has a chance to become the biggest game-changer in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Totally Agree.  He reminds me of. Metcalf but at the TE position.

If he becomes a decent blocking TE he'll be a perennial pro bowler. 

• Beer 1