• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers likely trading back in the first

Zod

Like a bunch of people on their first camping trip, we're reacting to every bump, chirp, snap and rustle that happens in the night. 

Just relax, wait it out, just 8 more days and we'll know for certain what the Panthers will do. Until then, this is just people taking the slightest rumor or hint and running with it.

We fall for this crap every season.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have no idea what they believe. I do know that if Darnold predictably doesn't work out and we make no further moves to hedge our bets at QB, then my confidence in Rhule's ability to identify QB talent is officially at zero.

Head coach and GM both watched his entire career on film, then chose to trade three picks for him including a second rounder, and you think they're just throwing darts at a dart board because...you don't think he's good?

Come on, man.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have no idea what they believe. I do know that if Darnold predictably doesn't work out and we make no further moves to hedge our bets at QB, then my confidence in Rhule's ability to identify QB talent is officially at zero.

History also says 3 of the top 5 qbs will bust

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Head coach and GM both watched his entire career on film, then chose to trade three picks for him including a second rounder, and you think they're just throwing darts at a dart board because...you don't think he's good?

Come on, man.

Yeah, honestly I do. They were desperate to move on from their last mistake so they're going to roll the dice on another subpar option but one with a higher level of physical talent this time given that was an Achilles heel of the last one that failed. A future 6th rounder and a 2nd and 4th next year is a relatively paltry investment in the QB position. It's not like we traded three firsts.

Yes, this 100% feels like throwing a dart at the board.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, honestly I do. They were desperate to move on from their last mistake so they're going to roll the dice on another subpar option but one with a higher level of physical talent this time given that was an Achilles heel of the last one that failed. A future 6th rounder and a 2nd and 4th next year is a relatively paltry investment in the QB position. It's not like we traded three firsts.

Yes, this 100% feels like throwing a dart at the board.

I'm gonna kinda guess they disagree.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm gonna kinda guess they disagree.

They disagreed with Teddy too. I kinda think they might not know what they're doing in terms of addressing the QB position. The reality that they traded for pretty much the polar opposite prospect to the FA bust they signed last year strongly indicates that IMO.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Very possible. But the odds are even higher for a guy who has already busted.

Due to his circumstances and all the data that is backing that up, I am not ready to call SD a bust yet but I get why some do.  Me personally I think Darnold is perfect for brady.  He isnt scared to take massive shots downfield and he isnt like Teddy and just play check down all the time.  He wants to push the ball.  I know I am overly optimistic but as I stand right now I probably prefer SD over Lance.  And I want a left tackle so bad it hurts.  

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Due to his circumstances and all the data that is backing that up, I am not ready to call SD a bust yet but I get why some do.  Me personally I think Darnold is perfect for brady.  He isnt scared to take massive shots downfield and he isnt like Teddy and just play check down all the time.  He wants to push the ball.  I know I am overly optimistic but as I stand right now I probably prefer SD over Lance.  And I want a left tackle so bad it hurts.  

Yeah, Gase is trash and the Jets didn't have a good situation (no highly drafted players goes into a good situation) but it's really not up for debate on whether or not Darnold was a bust for the Jets. He was.

I think the Panthers will be staying put at No. 8 overall at this point, taking an offensive lineman unless they get an offer to good to refuse.

The  Falcons, who are currently slated at No. 4 overall, are another team that could trade down come draft night.

If not, the Panthers might be the next team quarterback-needy franchises approach with a trade offer.