• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake's performance tomorrow

panthers55

What will it take to win.

Will you be satisfied if he does what he did in Atlanta which was go 25 of 41 for 308 yards with 1 Int and I TD.

Or will we need another 7-14 for 90 yard performance with no Int and 1TD like against Arizona.

Or as long as we win, it won't matter how he plays?

Or will you bitch no matter how he plays?

Will you be satisfied if he does what he did in Atlanta which was go 25 of 41 for 308 yards with 1 Int and I TD.

Or will we need another 7-14 for 90 yard performance with no Int and 1TD like against Arizona.

The last one. I firmly believe he has lost his mojo (whatever it was). And I don't see him ever regaining it with us. He might go on to succeed elsewhere but I just think he needs to sit on the bench for a season or two (like Warner) to regain his confidence.

Two things:

Turnovers. Especially on crucial plays.This has been our season's story. As far as Delhomme, the same, no or at the least 1 INT.

Playing until the end. Why is it our defense always comes out of the half and starts to suck? At least the offense is at least somewhat consistent, given there are no turnovers.

Me personally? Yes, those numbers are fantastic for Delhomme.

Had a nice long run play to start the Saints and went into the half 17-6 and still couldn't pull out with a W. If your asking if we need a good game from Jake or big plays, I am going to have to say both.

Wrong. That would be stupid. If he hurts and holds back our team, it matters to me, period.

Jake sucks right now, plain and simple. Our playbook is so limited and on dimensional solely because of Jake Delhomme. The Panther have no faith in him, they all say they do but then they make him throw 14 times a game with one pass over five yards.

I say if you obviously have faith in Delhomme and are starting him, force him to throw it. Otherwise take him out. Our back ups can hand it off just as well as Jake I can assure you, but you can't completely take the passing game out of the game plans because of one player, its killing this team.

Is this thread about what will it take for jake to win against his doubters or what will it take for the Panthers to win against the falcons?

Silly 55, Jake can't beat the haters.

Jake, with the help of his teammates and coaches CAN beat the falcons but it is going to take giving jake the reigns to the offense and a complete game from the defense and special teams.

Go Panthers!

:party:

If he plays well, he plays well and I will commend his effort regardless of a win or loss. If not, then I'll complain about his performance. I'm not going to be one of the idiots that blames him for a loss if he did his damndest not to loose the game (like against NO) or one of the idiots who ignores his shortcomings because the team won (like against Oakland last year).

Regardless though, I would like to see a new era begin at QB for the Panthers after this year. Given Delhomme's history with the team, I hope he can finish the year on a high note and will cheer every game for him to do well. But I don't expect much, and am hopeful for a new future.

Does that answer your question completely enough?

Is this thread about what will it take for jake to win against his doubters or what will it take for the Panthers to win against the falcons?

Silly 55, Jake can't beat the haters.

Jake, with the help of his teammates and coaches CAN beat the falcons but it is going to take giving jake the reigns to the offense and a complete game from the defense and special teams.

Go Panthers!

:party:

It probably touches on both issues. I suspect many fans have written off Jake as well as the Panthers. I do think we can win against the Falcons and hope we have a good game from the offense, defense, and special teams. For me though, I don't really care who does what as long as we win. That is the point isn't it??

Jake's performance will hinge on the running game, defense, and most of all game preparation.

If we need a clutch drive he will not come through (34 or 28 may however).

This prediction is based completely off of this seasons performances thus far.

Jake's performance hinged on Jake.

If Jake is off, you can tell right away. Same if he is "on". So what the coaching staff has to do is recognize which Jake is showing up and play call for that Jake.

Bingo, we have a winner. Today they let Jake do his thing. By going to the no-huddle and let him audibelize several plays he was able to find good matchups. Hopefully he continues the good play.

Bingo, we have a winner. Today they let Jake do his thing. By going to the no-huddle and let him audibelize several plays he was able to find good matchups. Hopefully he continues the good play.

Since Jake's strength is being a game manager and a leader, we should have been going no huddle for a long time before now. He's always looked good in the quick-scoring drills and looked fantastic today.

Archived