• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer also has us taking Fields, believes Tepper is pushing for it.

GoobyPls

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So you're firmly predicting that not only are they going to draft another quarterback, but they're also not going to pick up his fifth year option?

Again, do you have any source other than your own opinion on this?

I'm saying this franchise is actively looking for their future franchise QB.  That Sam is a one year lotto ticket.  They are going to scratch the ticket and see what it is.  And I agreed with kicking Sam's tires.  Why not. 

You got a source that says different? That says my take is wrong? If not, I'll keep on with it. 

Everyone here is sharing opinions.  Including you. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

And again here, you have no source on that other than your own opinion.

You don't really know what the Panthers think of him. None of us do.

My source is that we negotiated for weeks over the Darnold trade. That's common knowledge. You don't negotiate for weeks over a trade if you actually really want a guy. We were obviously okay with losing him over peanuts.

Just now, CRA said:

I'm saying this franchise is actively looking for their future franchise QB.  That Sam is a one year lotto ticket.  They are going to scratch the ticket and see what it is. 

You got a source that says different? 

Everyone here is sharing opinions.  Including you. 

Yeah. Verge's statements that were not likely to take a quarterback at #8.

But even with what Verge says, I'm acknowledging that none of us really know what the Panthers are going to do.

You're talking as if you have complete inside knowledge.

8 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If the bar being set is Jake Delhomme the bar is too low.  I want better than Jake Delhomme.

Well, that isn't the bar being talked about for a first round draft pick.

It is the bar being set for a failed draft pick.  If Sam turned into a Delhomme.....it would be worth it from our perspective IMO.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My source is that we negotiated for weeks over the Darnold trade. That's common knowledge. You don't negotiate for weeks over a trade if you actually really want a guy. We were obviously okay with losing him over peanuts.

That's your logic?

You think if you really want a guy you'd just talk about it once and then give up? Seriously?

You do remember that the Jets weren't initially willing to trade him, right? Yet we kept talking to them.

Edited by Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

This is how I feel about it.

If you think Watson was a realistic plan A you are living in a fantasy world. You can't trade for someone that wasn't being offered for trade. Thanks to the legal mess, it doesn't appear as if we'll know how things would have turned out between the Texans and Watson.

If/When they pick up Darnold's option, he won't be a one year rental.

Completely forgot about them being interested in Haskins. Maybe we shouldn't trust them to pick a QB at all.

Bro, you gotta stop with these multiple quotes. No one engages with you because they don't feel like editing out your posts to get to the quote that pertains to them. Just make multiple posts.

14 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If the bar being set is Jake Delhomme the bar is too low.  I want better than Jake Delhomme.

Jake was closer to winning a superbowl than Cam. I'm willing to take that for Darnold. Hopefully there won't be a bad kick and a Patriots victory again though.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It was reported the Jets refused to negotiate until after the QB pro days. That doesn't mean the negotiations took weeks, it just means the Jets weren't ready to do business at that point.

Edited by jayboogieman

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's your logic?

You do remember that the Jets weren't initially willing to trade him, right? Yet we kept talking to them.

C'mon man. You're not actually this obtuse. Everyone is always unwilling to trade a guy until they get the price they want. The fact of the matter is that we negotiated this trade for weeks and landed on a 4th and future 2nd and 6th. If we actually really wanted him we wouldn't have let this linger for weeks negotiating over relative peanuts risking another team scooping him up out from under our nose. We wanted Darnold only at the relatively low price we paid. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah. Verge's statements that were not likely to take a quarterback at #8.

But even with what Verge says, I'm acknowledging that none of us really know what the Panthers are going to do.

You're talking as if you have complete inside knowledge.

I post on the huddle.  I'm going to talk as if David Tepper himself is sitting right here beside me.  

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

C'mon man. You're not actually this obtuse. Everyone is always unwilling to trade a guy until they get the price they want. The fact of the matter is that we negotiated this trade for weeks and landed on a 4th and future 2nd and 6th. If we actually really wanted him we wouldn't have let this libber for weeks negotiation over relative peanuts risking another team scooping him up out from under our nose. We wanted Darnold only at the relatively low price we paid. 

See above.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bro, you gotta stop with these multiple quotes. No one engages with you because they don't feel like editing out your posts to get to the quote that pertains to them. Just make multiple posts.

I don't like making multiple posts because it feels too much like spamming.🤷‍♂️