• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4 Panthers Draft Predictions (by Dean Jones)

CarolinaLivin

4 bold predictions for the Carolina Panthers in the 2021 NFL Draft

By Dean Jones

https://catcrave.com/2021/04/28/carolina-panthers-4-bold-predictions-2021-nfl-draft/5/

1. Carolina Panthers will use their first-round pick on Jaycee Horn

This will probably come with a trade down, which we will discuss later. But the Carolina Panthers get themselves a cornerback with shutdown potential in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft with Jaycee Horn.

2. Carolina Panthers will draft three offensive linemen

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that the Carolina Panthers need to get better from a protection standpoint. Making the move for Sam Darnold will mean absolutely nothing if they don’t give him enough time to go through his progressions, so it would be wise for the franchise to take advantage of a deep draft class for offensive linemen.

3. Carolina Panthers will take a WR within their first three picks

Scott Fitterer has been telling anybody who will listen that the Carolina Panthers are going into the 2021 NFL Draft with a view to selecting the best prospect available on their board. This luxury is normally more associated with contending teams with little in the way of problems that need solving. But although Matt Rhule’s men are nowhere near this standard yet, settling for less upside just because it fills a need is not something the general manager is going to consider.

4. Carolina Panthers will trade with the Patriots

Much will depend on how the draft plays out in front of the Carolina Panthers at No. 8 overall. But if the San Francisco 49ers do end up taking Alabama’s Mac Jones at No. 3 as expected, then all hell is sure to break loose in the immediate aftermath.

Post your draft predictions below. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, hepcat said:

#1 & 3 are the most likely to me. I see a trade down with the Panthers grabbing one of the top cornerbacks, and a WR in the 2nd round. I really like the idea of getting Elijah Moore if he's available.

I think if we trade back we will take a CB (likely Farley or Samuel) and a OT/OL in the 2nd. I only see us possibly taking a WR in the 2nd if we get an extra day 2 pick out of the trade back. 

But I do like Elijah Moore.

7 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I think if we trade back we will take a CB (likely Farley or Samuel) and a OT/OL in the 2nd. I only see us possibly taking a WR in the 2nd if we get an extra day 2 pick out of the trade back. 

But I do like Elijah Moore.

I would hope an extra 2nd round pick would come from trading down. Hurney got one from the Jets in 2007 when he traded down. Those picks ended up being Jon Beason and Ryan Kalil. I wouldn't be shocked to see a 2021 1st, 2021 2nd, and 2022 1st as compensation for a team trading up to pick 8.

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I would hope an extra 2nd round pick would come from trading down. Hurney got one from the Jets in 2007 when he traded down. Those picks ended up being Jon Beason and Ryan Kalil. I wouldn't be shocked to see a 2021 1st, 2021 2nd, and 2022 1st as compensation for a team trading up to pick 8.

I think it depends on whether or not our FO is more focused on gaining draft capitol in this draft or the next.

Are looking at 3 or 4 picks of lesser value, or 1 or 2 picks of higher value. 

A team like the patriots have a lot of Day 3 picks, 10 picks in total this year.