• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Take QB out of the equation

AU-panther

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

As bad as it sounds, even if he loses some claims, depending the severity, I still think tepper would be interested. If we have a backup plan all this is moot, and I’m on board for it 

Out of all the issues facing athletes and bouncing back from off the field stuff it's pretty easy to just NOT do IG massage ladies lol...unless man legitimately has some sort of issue like addiction or...who tf knows what. So to me as long as it isn't the worst of the things then it can be redeemable

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

Yeah idk why that’s even being discussed, he was clearly not the first option, unless the jets weren’t willing to trade him at the time we were interested in Stafford 

This forum is quite an entity of isomerism and cliques. It's weird that even people that were staunchly in favor of a LT for months to give Sam a real chance changed their tune quick just to go along with the front office, and the crowd.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Lemon said:

This forum is quite an entity of isomerism and cliques. It's weird that even people that were staunchly in favor of a LT for months to give Sam a real chance changed their tune quick just to go along with the front office, and the crowd.

*homerism

• Poo 1

Just now, Fox007 said:

Out of all the issues facing athletes and bouncing back from off the field stuff it's pretty easy to just NOT do IG massage ladies lol...unless man legitimately has some sort of issue like addiction or...who tf knows what. So to me as long as it isn't the worst of the things then it can be redeemable

Yeah, barring something egregious that would put his football career in jeopardy, once his legal issues are over some team is going to bite regardless, we see it year in and out. 

9 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Yeah hence why I said the same thing with Teddy, we’ve seen this fail once, granted Teddy isn’t the athlete etc darnold is, and doesn’t have the potential darnold does, Real risky business for first time owner and coach. 

I wasn't a fan of Teddy and Teddy was 4 year older and not rated as high coming into the league.. So it's a bit different..

5 minutes ago, Lemon said:

It's going to be hard to develop a QB that sees ghosts with a poor offensive line.

Wow if not looking good against the best defense in football that year is a problem.. Then Pat Mahomes Superbowl performance should have you thinking KC should trade him.. Are Aaron  Rodgers against the Bears on Monday night 2 years ago should have been done..Lol

At this point I don't give fug.. I like the pick you don't ... cool ...moving on..

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Wow if not looking good against the best defense in football that year is a problem.. Then Pat Mahomes Superbowl performance should have you thinking KC should trade him.. Are Aaron  Rodgers against the Bears on Monday night 2 years ago should have been done..Lol

At this point I don't give fug.. I like the pick you don't ... cool ...moving on..

I mean you're responding to one of the neg repped people....learn who to not respond to playa

Just now, WOW!! said:

I wasn't a fan of Teddy and Teddy was 4 year older and not rated as high coming into the league.. So it's a bit different..

True, but Teddy was coming off that little win streak in NO, at least he looked good on the nfl field before we signed him.

granted darnold had gase, I like our staff and I do think gase is bad, but I’m not sold on our staff being overwhelming better to flip darnold into the qb he was projected to be coming out. 

but I could be wrong, I just hope that have a backup plan that’s more solid because we’ve been doing the exact opposite of what was said in these pressers lately 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Guess we can dispense with the dumbass narrative that Darnold was just a fallback in case we couldn't get someone better, huh?

The dumb narrative is that Darnold would have prevented us from taking a QB we really liked.

The only thing passing on Fields and Jones tells us is that we really didn’t like them.

If Trevor or Wilson would have fell do you honestly think we would have passed because of Darnold.  Maybe even Lance, who knows where we really had him ranked.  

The team signed Darnold because they felt like he is was their best realistic option, doesn’t mean he is was their 1st or even 3rd choice.  Not really that complicated of a concept.

He has tools, let’s see what the staff can get out of him.

42 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

The dumb narrative is that Darnold would have prevented us from taking a QB we really liked.

The only thing passing on Fields and Jones tells us is that we really didn’t like them.

If Trevor or Wilson would have fell do you honestly think we would have passed because of Darnold.  Maybe even Lance, who knows where we really had him ranked.  

The team signed Darnold because they felt like he is was their best realistic option, doesn’t mean he is was their 1st or even 3rd choice.  Not really that complicated of a concept.

He has tools, let’s see what the staff can get out of him.

If that helps you sleep better 😃

It's been said that we'll likely be picking up that 5th year option shortly.

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Do you think we would have passed on Trevor or Wilson? 

Lawrence? Probably not, but then if we were in a position to take Lawrence we probably wouldn't have traded for another quarterback.

Wilson? Unknown. Not every team was as high on him as the Jets were.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Lawrence? Probably not, but then if we were in a position to take Lawrence we probably wouldn't have traded for another quarterback.

Wilson? Unknown. Not every team was as high on him as the Jets were.

Exactly, a lot of people around here said Darnold wouldn’t prevent you from taking a QB you really like.   That’s a true statement.

Wasn’t a QB at 8 we really liked that much.

Not sure why that concept really bothered you so much.

Did some fans like Fields enough to take him with Darnold here? Yes.  Did you? No

but those are opinions, and your opinion could totally be right, time will tell.

but saying Darnold prevents you from taking a QB you really like is an absolute statement that isn’t true

24 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Exactly, a lot of people around here said Darnold wouldn’t prevent you from taking a QB you really like.   That’s a true statement.

Wasn’t a QB at 8 we really liked that much.

Not sure why that concept really bothered you so much.

Did some fans like Fields enough to take him with Darnold here? Yes.  Did you? No

but those are opinions, and your opinion could totally be right, time will tell.

but saying Darnold prevents you from taking a QB you really like is an absolute statement that isn’t true

What was actually being said was that Darnold was only a just in case / last resort / insurance pickup because the team didn't believe any of the top five quarterbacks would fall to them.

Clearly, that turned out to be wrong seeing as two of the top five were available to us and we passed on both.