• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trading back for the THIRD TIME

Zod

6 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

they traded a 4 and 5 to get two 3s, then traded ONE of those 3s to get TWO 4ths and a 5th. much better than you're trying to make it like. but you keep hatin

oh wow well this changes things, as long as we’re stacking meaningful picks

Edited by Growl

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Move up?? Did you not just watch us draft?

That was this year. It’s very possible our strategy is different next year. We should be in better position after a FA with a good amount of cap, and if Darnold plays well, we will have less needs. I see us moving up next year to go after one or two guys we feel are the missing pieces. Just my opinion.

8 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I dont have a problem with it. Nothing wrong with playing the long game. I dont think we will use them to necessarily move up since we're recouping picks for the Darnold trade. We will prob trade back again next year too.

Maybe, depends on our situation after FA next year. I could see us making a move or two in order to get who we believe are the missing pieces. Just my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

So we had picks with value and we traded them for picks with much less value. I don't even know what to say.

So I guess you missed the big conversation over the weeks about teams putting value in next years draft because of the abbreviated offseason and better chance to scout players next year... Getting assets back while still adding talent isn't some BS concept.. It's actually being a good GM..

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

That was this year. It’s very possible our strategy is different next year. We should be in better position after a FA with a good amount of cap, and if Darnold plays well, we will have less needs. I see us moving up next year to go after one or two guys we feel are the missing pieces. Just my opinion.

I am gonna be honest, I hope eventually a strategy will emerge.

13 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

So I guess you missed the big conversation over the weeks about teams putting value in next years draft because of the abbreviated offseason and better chance to scout players next year... Getting assets back while still adding talent isn't some BS concept.. It's actually being a good GM..

I guess. Not sure that will actually work but whatever makes them feel better.