• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daviyon Nixon

11 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/daviyon-nixon-nfl-draft-player-profile-iowa-defensive-tackle/

Here is a great article pertaining to Daviyon Nixon's past,present and probable future.

Daviyon Nixon 2021 NFL Draft Profile

This has me believing that he will be the steal of the draft.  How he slipped with that much Big 10 action is beyond me but We'll take it. 

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, MHS831 said:

THey had him standing some--which is weird--moved him around the DL a bit---maybe that is it?  He had some trouble and was suspended back in 2019--drugs, I think?  going from memory, so verify.

It wasn’t drugs. There was some rumors of a dorm room incident that took him completely off some teams boards. I read some Iowa boards and apparently that coach defended him and not the others who were involved. Apparently that coach is no BS. So I think it was an incident where he was just there. But that’s just speculating. This was early in his career. I have no idea what the incident was. This is the only thing I can think of that would make him fall this far. 

3 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

It wasn’t drugs. There was some rumors of a dorm room incident that took him completely off some teams boards. I read some Iowa boards and apparently that coach defended him and not the others who were involved. Apparently that coach is no BS. So I think it was an incident where he was just there. But that’s just speculating. This was early in his career. I have no idea what the incident was. This is the only thing I can think of that would make him fall this far. 

When we drafted KK and Star, they had that low-key demeanor. I did not get the feeling that they loved the game, and I really did not get the feeling that they were happy to be here.  I think Star even said something like, "This is where I am going to be for four or five years...."  It seemed a bit odd.

This guy has love for the game written all over him.  His demeaner reminds me of Gerald McCoy as a rookie a bit. I think he will become a leader.

I am pumped, and glad it was not drugs/weed, because that labels you.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, panthers320 said:

watch his pick 6 vs Penn St. Lets make him the next Fridge!

15 hours ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

That video is crazy underrated. For a DT to Juke two players and run about 30-40yds for a TD on a pass intended to the flats.

That's insane for the big man. 

I replayed that one at least a dozen times the first time I saw it. Flat out amazing seeing that big guy run like that.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I replayed that one at least a dozen times the first time I saw it. Flat out amazing seeing that big guy run like that.

1 hour ago, TheWiz said:

You know what... Im convinced. This kid is different. 

That kid does not move like a normal 313 pound man. He's going to be a nightmare for opposing teams if he plays like this on the NFL level. He could actually end up making things easier for Derrick Brown (or all of our d-lineman for that matter) . If he becomes the next Warren Sapp or John Randle he'll start drawing more of the double teams and free things up for the other guys.

• Pie 1