• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes @ Predators 5/8-5/10 Regular Season Final Two

Harbingers

6 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Just watched the game and it was a fluster cuck. 

If Monday's game isn't better than this in ALL areas we should be concerned.  You never want to go into the postseason on a bad note.....

We gotta figure out Saros again too cause we’ll probably see him every night in the playoffs, I doubt they play him Monday now that they are in. 

Our lines got beat from top to bottom. -3 from Aho’s line is just sad. 

I know the “rest” is a big concept on fans minds right now but in reality we can only rest 2-3 more players. We are carrying 2 extra defensemen on the taxi squad. If nobody from our injured crew plays Monday we only have 1 extra forward and who gets that spot? 

If they all played we could put them in on other lines but so at maximum we are maybe looking at giving Hamilton and Pesce the night off. This isn’t the NFL where you have a full second and third string team waiting in the wings. We are already playing most of our 2nd strings already. 

Monday will be a good gauge of how much they let up after clinching a playoff spot, though if things continue like last night i would be worried about injures. They can to play physical. After Dallas and three non playoff teams we lost a lot of physicality and were simply not ready for a playoff style onslaught we are going to to have to endure.

As to everyone’s point about Nashville being a pushover this season, we haven’t faced them this season with a complete D and at points 5/6 call up’s on defense. It’s a brand new team.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, Harbingers said:

We gotta figure out Saros again too cause we’ll probably see him every night in the playoffs, I doubt they play him Monday now that they are in. 

Our lines got beat from top to bottom. -3 from Aho’s line is just sad. 

I know the “rest” is a big concept on fans minds right now but in reality we can only rest 2-3 more players. We are carrying 2 extra defensemen on the taxi squad. If nobody from our injured crew plays Monday we only have 1 extra forward and who gets that spot? 

If they all played we could put them in on other lines but so at maximum we are maybe looking at giving Hamilton and Pesce the night off. This isn’t the NFL where you have a full second and third string team waiting in the wings. We are already playing most of our 2nd strings already. 

Monday will be a good gauge of how much they let up after clinching a playoff spot, though if things continue like last night i would be worried about injures. They can to play physical. After Dallas and three non playoff teams we lost a lot of physicality and were simply not ready for a playoff style onslaught we are going to to have to endure.

As to everyone’s point about Nashville being a pushover this season, we haven’t faced them this season with a complete D and at points 5/6 call up’s on defense. It’s a brand new team.  

I don't think RBA will let the guys take anything for granted.  I'd like to see a better game Monday and then the Canes need to take it one game at a time and not look ahead.  This team is capable of going far in the playoffs, but if they take anything for granted they can easily be sent home.....ask Tampa Bay.

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Vegas to take President's Cup.

Resting players who will already have a 5-day rest before they face off against this same Nashville team.

If I was a betting man my money would be on Colorado(Sorry Canes).

Ya Vegas may be flashing right now but Minny and the Blues dominated them in everything but goals the past few games. Colorado is by far the superior team if they can get over the COVID/losing to shitty teams funk(much like the canes with the red wings) they’ve been in. If the Avs win tonight they take control of the league destiny even though they are 4 points behind us and Vegas. 

Id love to see a Canes Vs. Avs Stanley Cup. Neither team is overly(stupidly and league protected besides that one guy who’s name eludes me at this moment) physical both play all out forecheck,  Colorado has a tendency to run up the score but they haven’t faced a true defense all season. It’s a match made in heaven for just the right amount of Physicality and Straight up hockey. 

All that said I would not be surprised if we end up in a three way tie with Vegas and Colorado and we fall to third on RW.

Also not a direct response but Rod on injuries(especially Slavin) is concerning.