• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game 3

Harbingers

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

Refs did all they could for them and it still took 2OTs.

Ned has to be aware his poke check and handling the puck is becoming well known by Nashville and the rest of the teams in the NHL.  He needs to tone it down a bit.

Yep. And Bean needs to take the penalty there. Knowing the refs they probably would have given them a penalty shot but that’s a better chance than what we had. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

And he called Slavo, Jaccob...

Should also clarify he let his coach speak slip a bit. Sounds like no Slavin Sunday. But he made it sounds like it might be a while on him.

im really wondering if he has a hernia or something long term that may require surgery. He was jacked on painkillers last game. 

Honestly if Slavin came back and we didn’t rest Pesce or Skjei I’d sit bean for Lajoie. Ya he got beat in OT2 but that was the only time. 

11 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

So, the series stands at 2-0-1 with the refs taking game 3.

For sure. I’ll say it again. Half+ of the penalties on us are legit. Completely legit. The issue is the fact they aren’t calling the game square. If they are gonna call something on us, you gotta call it on them too. Last night was a case study on how to be a shitty ref. The crew was beyond stupid and tried to over compensate, undercompensate. Not call at the wrong time call at the wrong time. 

Just the fact they let 4 icings from them go in OT1 and at least two in OT2. The whistle on Ned when he didn’t even move to cover. It was sloppy shitty refereeing. They should have called the first delay of game a non penalty like it was. Their reputations wouldn’t have been tarnished the entire game from that point on. 

I’ll even give them the offsides goal cause rod didn’t challenge. 

I don’t know when they grade the crews, if it’s between rounds or what but these guys aren’t moving on and if they do... oh man.  

Edited by Harbingers