• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold's "Style of Ball"

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You think I'd be scared to voice an opinion? 

Wow 😆

I'm firmly in the "maybe" crowd. You can look back on my posts prior to the trade and you'll find I wasn't a huge fan of the idea, but said I'd accept it if we did it and hope for the best.

We did, and I have.

If he doesn't pan out, we'll be in a much better position team wise to spend the resources and trade up for a guy like Howell.

We have a poster here who followed Darnold over from the Jets. He's been beating the drum about how Darnold is going to be so good and anyone who can't see that is blind. Where's all your posts going round and round with him?

You just don't realize that you tell on yourself by arguing strongly and constantly against a very small subset of opinions. The neutral sage observer act doesn't hold up.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We have a poster here who followed Darnold over from the Jets. He's been beating the drum about how Darnold is going to be so good and anyone who can't see that is blind. Where's all your posts going round and round with him?

You just don't realize that you tell on yourself by arguing strongly and constantly against a very small subset of opinions. The neutral sage observer act doesn't hold up.

Sure, dude 😆

As far as the Jets poster, I'm not even sure who that is. The only former Jets posters I've seen have been negative about Darnold.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Sure, dude 😆

As far as the Jets poster, I'm not even sure who that is. The only former Jets posters I've seen have been negative about Darnold.

Maybe it was the one who got banned for rooting for the Jets in game one.

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm good with all of that.

It has been my observation that some of the biggest melees on message boards are between people whose thoughts are not far apart.  And I am not referring to you and me, because our discussions on this and other things have always been civil and relatively low-keyed.

Well, maybe two sources: people whose views are pretty close or people trying to reason with morons.

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

It has been my observation that some of the biggest melees on message boards are between people whose thoughts are not far apart.  And I am not referring to you and me, because our discussions on this and other things have always been civil and relatively low-keyed.

Well, maybe two sources: people whose views are pretty close or people trying to reason with morons.

People who know nothing? 🤔

You should be able to tell if your QB signing from the Jets was a good move fairly quickly.  By nature of the QB position, you get wild reactions from both ends of the spectrum.  

You can’t blame the most ardent fans that feel strongly that the franchise made a mistake trading for Sam, or the passion expressed for or against the move. It’s up to him to change minds.  From what I know of him, he’s a tough dude.

Everyone loves their team, want the best possible players that will uplift their franchise, feel frustration when a move in the most important position on the field is a retread.  It is what it is, time will tell, and it will be sooner than drafting a rookie straight out of college.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I remember that one (don't remember who, but I am old).  Yeah, that was over the top.  Especially when the odds are Darnold will wind up somewhere between Jamarcus Russell and Joe Montana, not mentioned in the same breath with Montana.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

People who know nothing? 🤔

Wait, that would be me (just ask my wife).

2 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

You should be able to tell if your QB signing from the Jets was a good move fairly quickly.  By nature of the QB position, you get wild reactions from both ends of the spectrum.  

You can’t blame the most ardent fans that feel strongly that the franchise made a mistake trading for Sam, or the passion expressed for or against the move. It’s up to him to change minds.  From what I know of him, he’s a tough dude.

Everyone loves their team, want the best possible players that will uplift their franchise, feel frustration when a move in the most important position on the field is a retread.  It is what it is, time will tell, and it will be sooner than drafting a rookie straight out of college.

Add that after years of questionable talent acquisitions from our GMs and little to no development from our coaching staffs, we expect defeat to somehow be grabbed from the jaws of victory.  Those who have not reached that point probably have some strange form of Stockholm Syndrome.

• Pie 2

Just now, 1usctrojan said:

Retreads aren't sexy that's for sure.   How quickly we'll see results....in that respect, Darnold is going to get a better shake than Bridgewater.  Sam will have a full preseason.  Teddy didn't get that.  Teams with lots of transition last year were certainly at a disadvantage.  I was really surprised we were close in so many games.

• Beer 1

Just now, 1usctrojan said:

Retreads aren't sexy that's for sure.   How quickly we'll see results....in that respect, Darnold is going to get a better shake than Bridgewater.  Sam will have a full preseason.  Teddy didn't get that.  Teams with lots of transition last year were certainly at a disadvantage.  I was really surprised we were close in so many games.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Add that after years of questionable talent acquisitions from our GMs and little to no development from our coaching staffs, we expect defeat to somehow be grabbed from the jaws of victory.  Those who have not reached that point probably have some strange form of Stockholm Syndrome.

I could agree with that if we still had our prior GM or coaching staff. Happily though, that long national nightmare is over.

Whether or not Rhule and Fitterer are the guys to lead us to the Promised Land? Don't know yet.

But at least they're not Marty and Ron.

• Pie 2