• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much of the Jets performance was really on Darnold?

SBBlue

7 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I don’t think it would be necessarily a good thing if they were.  That would most likely mean poor play or injury ahead of them.  I hope a group emerges and solidifies in camp.  Then pray they can stay healthy.

Or... (Could be highly unlikely but) they beat out the starters based off talent. Maybe by they end of the season they get more comfortable at the next level and have given the coaches reason to believe they can start. Unlikely that all three probably do that and it is a wishful way of thinking. Just gotta look at all possible outcomes. Even if one is more likely than another. 

Edit: adding to what you said. hopefully, injuries doesn't hurt this group

Edited by CarolinaLivin

43 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I don’t think it would be necessarily a good thing if they were.  That would most likely mean poor play or injury ahead of them.  I hope a group emerges and solidifies in camp.  Then pray they can stay healthy.

BChris is going to start. There is also a chance the Moore overtakes Paradis. So yeah, there could be at least 2 rookies on our line at years end.

I would like to add that Brown, if he is committed to the game has the talent to push for a spot as well. 

However unlikely, there is still a chance that all 3 wind up starting for us.

1 hour ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Or... (Could be highly unlikely but) they beat out the starters based off talent. Maybe by they end of the season they get more comfortable at the next level and have given the coaches reason to believe they can start. Unlikely that all three probably do that and it is a wishful way of thinking. Just gotta look at all possible outcomes. Even if one is more likely than another. 

Edit: adding to what you said. hopefully, injuries doesn't hurt this group

The starting jobs are won during camp and preseason. So yes if any of the rooks looks more talented they will start. But once the staff has settled on the starting 5 it is very hard for anyone to break into the lineup without a starter plain sucking or getting injured. Second string just doesn't get the chance to work with the starters during the week. You are keeping your original 5 in to build cohesion and chemistry.

• Pie 1

On 7/12/2021 at 1:37 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

Trotting him straight out there as a 20 year old rookie especially coming from Southern California may be one of the most JETS thing ever in professional sports.  The kid should have sat for at least half a season if not an entire one.  

Fixed.

On 7/13/2021 at 2:30 PM, mccjeff said:

But once the staff has settled on the starting 5 it is very hard for anyone to break into the lineup without a starter plain sucking or getting injured. 

But injuries are a standard fixture on the oline, especially ours.  Especially looking at Erving, Little, and Daley.

We're going to get see some of our rookies this year. 

• Pie 1