• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers VP of football ops Sean Padden has resigned

14 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

You saying dysfunctional doesn't count frank.

I have seen 12+ months of how this new organization operates and talks through the local media. The Panthers media team is all about fluff and there is none of that in the information leaking out here through Joe Person of all people. You don't have to like it but this isn't great news in June with everything that is riding on this season.

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, frankw said:

I have seen 12+ months of how this new organization operates and talks through the local media. The Panthers media team is all about fluff and there is none of that in the information leaking out here through Joe Person of all people. You don't have to like it but this isn't great news in June with everything that is riding on this season.

It's not really that big a deal.

And I wouldn't bet on it having anything to do with Fitterer. We're talking about a logistics and planning guy, not a personnel guy. Plus it sounds like a good portion of what got him forced out might have happened before Fitterer even got here.

In his previous stops, Padden was likely used to holding a lot of sway because he was basically Rhule's second in command. An NFL organization is way more complicated than that.

Sounds like maybe he was just throwing around weight that he didn't have and it pissed people off.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not really that big a deal.

And I wouldn't bet on it having anything to do with Fitterer. We're talking about a logistics and planning guy, not a personnel guy. Plus it sounds like a good portion of what got him forced out might have happened before Fitterer even got here.

In his previous stops, Padden was likely used to holding a lot of sway because he was basically Rhule's second in command. An NFL organization is way more complicated than that.

Sounds like maybe he was just throwing around weight that he didn't have and it pissed people off.

Organization wise no not a big deal. But the situation itself does highlight a question of Rhule bringing in people with ties to Temple and Baylor. I like Matt and believe in what he is doing here I just maybe look at that aspect a little closer after years of Rivera hiring and promoting his longtime pals and that not working well for the franchise. Not saying that is happening here but that it is worth mentioning.

• Beer 1

On 6/2/2021 at 2:11 AM, Mr. Scot said:
On 6/2/2021 at 1:13 AM, Rubi said:

Trouble in paradise?

Probably not.

Might have just wanted to get back into the college game. Or may have wanted a change of scenery.

Joe Person went on the Bailey show today and was quoted from an article as saying "he left under pressure a few weeks ago to due to differences with employees/officials throughout the organization"...

...Joe further went on to say "it was an accumulation of things...some personality differences with folks in the building, etc"...

...and then he explained that the guy had been with Rhule at Albright, Temple and Baylor. 

Seems like odd personnel-related kernels are consistently popping these days...

...what are your "insiders" whispering to you about it?

Trouble in paradise?

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This stuff happens when there are major changes. 

Rhule and this dude go waaaaaay back. St least back to '98 when they were both at Albright.

Honestly, I see it as a good thing the move was made. With the control Rhule has if he put his foot down and wanted his buddy to stay he'd still be here and from the sound of it he'd still be ruffling a lot of feathers.

Reminds me of when Sandy Weill fired Jamie Dimon (his "tag along") in order to stop an internal turf war as Travelers and Citigroup were being merged...

...turned out to be the worst decision of Sandy's career. 

Something seems to be amiss...

Edited by SizzleBuzz