• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

If he can clog the middle and push the pocket and get pressure I'm not particularly concerned with sack numbers. Though that's always great.

If he can collapse the pocket up the middle it keeps QBs from stepping up to avoid the rush. He may still not get big numbers but the ends sure will.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

People forget how good vintage Kris Jenkins was. Had he not struggled with injuries and consistency, he would have been considered an elite player at that position.

Also, playing next to a freak like Peppers didn't exactly do wonders for his spotlight either.

Jenkins ran into the problem of getting fat. Even fat Jenkins could rush the passer, and on one play he burst into the pocket to destroy the QB, with no one even touching him once he got through, his ACL exploded from his sheer weight. Jenkins was so tough that he had a knee brace put on and continued to play the game with a torn ACL. Granted he collapsed a few played later screaming in pain and grabbing his knee, but still he was a baddass. Jenkins also ran into the problem of his back deteriorating from being fat and rushing the passer like a wildman. Jenkins could often time the snap perfectly and had no wasted motion with his pass rushing moves. One of my favorite Jenkins plays was against the Cowboy in the playoffs when Jenkins slapped the helmet of a cowboys player to stun him, and you could hear the slap from the stands. It didn't cause a sack or anything, but it occurred to me that 1.) Jenkins could kill someone with a slap, and 2.) his hand must have been really hurting and he was laughing about it. Jenkins was one of the best. Even after he went to the Jets he would tell Panthers fans in the crowd "YOU KNOW YOU GUYS STILL NEED ME!" and he was right.

I vividly remember Jenkins because he played the game at the highest level. I can see him playing in my mind right now. Not to take anything away from Brown, but he has room to improve headed into his second season. I just would rather fans held off on the whole idea of Brown becoming better than Jenkins. If Brown becomes as good as Jenkins then we will have the best d-line in football, but Brown has a ways to go. Even Brown admitted he was rusty last season from being away from football too long with COVID and that he needed to work on his fundamentals. Give Brown some time.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 2
13 hours ago, Basbear said:

kinlaw is getting some push form 49ers about breaking out....I think Brown already broke out last year. 

I wanted Kinlaw that year. Glad the Panthers didn’t listen to me lol

Brown was a monster toward the end of the season. With a better secondary he will get even better and burns will get in that 15+ sack range.  I cant count how many times he got right in qbs faces just for them to get rid of the ball at the last second.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Brown was a monster toward the end of the season. With a better secondary he will get even better and burns will get in that 15+ sack range.  I cant count how many times he got right in qbs faces just for them to get rid of the ball at the last second.

I do believe we led the league in pressures. Or, were leading at one time. But yeah, if the Secondary can give the Dline that extra half second or so. This line can put up some numbers.

Oh, and I dig what Brown is putting down. The dude can be a Monster.

Edited by iamhubby1