• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is there a hidden camera in my house?

SBBlue

On 7/2/2021 at 9:58 PM, Peanut Butter said:

It's sad how garbage this franchise is. Imagine if Cam balls out this season, which I think is likely .. that'll be a good look for Carolina - just let your franchise QB go to Boston

Yeh, the team was supposed to assume that Cam would be healthy after all the games he missed due to injury… should’ve invested in a crystal ball.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Yeh, the team was supposed to assume that Cam would be healthy after all the games he missed due to injury… should’ve invested in a crystal ball.

And when he did play injured he didn't play well.  He didn't even look good last year.  

On 7/4/2021 at 2:07 PM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It's easy to criticize in hindsight.  We should have kept Cam and let him walk this year.  IMO he would have done better with our weapons that what TB did.  Once again it's hindsight.   You can't blame management for deciding to cut bait with Cam.   I understood and I was a huge supporter of Cam.

Signing Darnold was probably better than trying to bring Cam back.  It definitely was better than hanging on to Bridgewater.   I believe Sam will do just fine with this team.  We'll find out in about 3 weeks. 

I'm more optimistic about this season than last.

I predict wildcard.

Three weeks to TC!!!  I'm also more optimistic than last year simply because our QB situation is a blank page, a sheet of clean paper, waiting for the story to be written beyond a half-couch. To me, that is exciting. Hindsight is 20/20 but foresight is not no matter what anyone says or claims will happen. But IMO wildcard is a stretch.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

Three weeks to TC!!! 

I know right?

I'm also more optimistic than last year simply because our QB situation is a blank page

TBH I wasn't excited about Teddy.  I'm very interested to see what Darnold has been hiding under that pile of jets stink

But IMO wildcard is a stretch.

Yes.  Yes it is.

• Beer 1

22 hours ago, mc52beast said:

He still wasn't throwing well last year.  They ran him all over, but he didn't throw that much.

On 7/5/2021 at 6:06 PM, mc52beast said:

He missed one season .. get out of here with 'all the games' .. '17-'19 he missed one season .. one season, out of three, and in '18 Cam played well enough to win, the team was trash, like vs. Seattle CMC had 3 chances to run for a first down in SEA territory and got stuffed 3 times in a row, remember that, smartass?

3 hours ago, SBBlue said:

He still wasn't throwing well last year.  They ran him all over, but he didn't throw that much.

lol .. he didn't have a TE or WR .. legitimately. And according to the Huddle Cam shouldn't have been able to run all over again, because he'd never stay healthy again .. *proceeds to run for 600 yards and 12 TD*

1 minute ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I may be in the minority but last year was the most fun I've had as a Panthers fan in years. Part of that was having zero expectations so it was impossible to get disappointed. 

I was still adjusting, I missed Cam and Luke.

Bridgewater and Whitehead were poor substitutes.

Rhule on the other hand....multiple fake punts, slow walking dline substitutions to force timeouts, going for it repeatedly on 4th at mid field....I loved Rhule's aggressiveness.    I didn't miss RR.

We should have been blown out last year over and over, but we were a scrappy well coached young team.

By the end of season, Teddy's play was so bad, it was getting hard to watch.

On 7/5/2021 at 5:39 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

Sure.  But there is a definite path for success moreso than previous seasons 

We are definitely better than last year.  Off the top of my head, we have a new QB, 3WRs, 2TEs, 1RB, 5OL,  4DBs, 2 MLBs,  2OLBs,  2DTs, 1DE and 1LS.  That doesn't include the return of CMC.

We'll see how many of those start or even get reps and how they perform but even after all the change last year, we are going through a lot of change  again this year on both sides of the ball. 

I'm going to have to print up another jersey number sheet for the games.