Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

< 3.5% of the total cap…combined. Maximizing Reddick/Burns in 2021.


Recommended Posts

Reddick’s sack production in 2020. Yes, it’s inflated by the Giants game, but still: 7.5 in the other games, while making a habit of getting the ball out. 

Check out two sacks in particular: the second one against the Cowboys (what he does to the back), and the sack v the Lions (WIDEST Wide 9 ever, and then, less than 2 seconds to the QB after the TE loses the 1v1)

 

 

  • Pie 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ellis said:

LMAO, I have no idea who will end up where, I’m just using 2021 cap hit figures 

Which has 4M of his 6M salary kicked down the road until next year. That’s why his cap hit is so low(2M). He’s getting 6M this year. Your numbers are a complete misrepresentation of the situation. He can sign again here and that 4M still has to be accounted for. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Which has 4M of his 6M salary kicked down the road until next year. That’s why his cap hit is so low(2M). He’s getting 6M this year. Your numbers are a complete misrepresentation of the situation. He can sign again here and that 4M still has to be accounted for. 

If you feel like I misrepresented everybody here, I’ve got a pretty good track record of not doing that, but I apologize to you personally. And yes, you were absolutely correct, those cap hits do spread out. 

 

The larger point, and one that shouldn’t go overlooked, is the Carolina has two of the league’s better edge rushers on their roster at a discount right now, one by virtue of their rookie contract. 
 

As of this year, those are the percentages. I wasn’t trying to fool anybody, or bamboozle anybody LMAO.

 

 

  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

When reddick signed, it was my favorite FA. Shortly after I dove into some highlights........I changed my mind to perryman being my favorite. Hate to poop in the panther buffet, but 90% of his "plays/sacks/TFL/INTs" came against backups/RBs/TEs/fluke QB running into him. 5 sacks+ came against giants backup/rookie in one game as welll. It was a real let down, see for yourself-

 

 

Edited by Basbear
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ellis said:

If you feel like I misrepresented everybody here, I’ve got a pretty good track record of not doing that, but I apologize to you personally. And yes, you were absolutely correct, those cap hits do spread out. 

 

The larger point, and one that shouldn’t go overlooked, is the Carolina has two of the league’s better edge rushers on their roster at a discount right now, one by virtue of their rookie contract. 
 

As of this year, those are the percentages. I wasn’t trying to fool anybody, or bamboozle anybody LMAO.

 

 

I never said you did this all the time, or even once before. So why apologize to me personally? I pointed out some flaws in your theory. With exact figures that you didn’t include. Should I have just stood up and cheered at your fluff piece while you’re LYAO as a response? You self-proclaimed “experts” sure are touchy when anyone points out a mistake. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, the gentleman pointed out here, he is correct: the cap hit on Reddick for this year is low because the contract is structured as such. 

Unless my old eyes are failing me again, Reddick, in terms of “cash spent” for 2021, is ranked 47th out of all edge rushers.

That’s a bargain based on his production, and burns is still a bargain based on his rookie deal. That was the whole point: maximize that value now. If Carolina can get a pair of double digits sack seasons out of those two, on those contracts, that’s a great job. And there’s no reason to believe it won’t happen, given their performance record.

  • Beer 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I never said you did this all the time, or even once before. So why apologize to me personally? I pointed out some flaws in your theory. With exact figures that you didn’t include. Should I have just stood up and cheered at your fluff piece while you’re LYAO as a response? You self-proclaimed “experts” sure are touchy when anyone points out a mistake. 

 

Do you have a Cap notification on your phone? Every thread that even mentions Cap, and they you are. 

 

Do you do this for every team? Or are we the only one who gets to revel in your brilliance?

 

 I just can't believe you aren't working for an actual NFL team. Not here with us mere mortals. Surely there must be something better you could be doing with all that knowledge? Maybe teaching? 

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ellis said:

Again, the gentleman pointed out here, he is correct: the cap hit on Reddick for this year is low because the contract is structured as such. 

Unless my old eyes are failing me again, Reddick, in terms of “cash spent” for 2021, is ranked 47th out of all edge rushers.

That’s a bargain based on his production, and burns is still a bargain based on his rookie deal. That was the whole point: maximize that value now. If Carolina can get a pair of double digits sack seasons out of those two, on those contracts, that’s a great job. And there’s no reason to believe it won’t happen, given their performance record.

And the team that he did all that for had no desire to pay that bargain price to keep him. What happens when he has to stop the run? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...