• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

And now this: Dougie probably gone.

zacka77ack

and now its official:

Dougie gone. I know everyone wanted the Canes to re-sign him, but at $9 Mil AAV....no thanks. There's no way in hell he should be the highest paid player on the team. When Dougie is on, he's great, but there are way too many lapses for him to make 9 Mil a year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, zacka77ack said:

and now its official:

Dougie gone. I know everyone wanted the Canes to re-sign him, but at $9 Mil AAV....no thanks. There's no way in hell he should be the highest paid player on the team. When Dougie is on, he's great, but there are way too many lapses for him to make 9 Mil a year.

13 more million than we offered on one less year. Ya no thanks. It does look like Dougie gave us every opportunity to match considering how long it took today.

Post Season Points. As an "Offensive" Defensemen...2 goals in 11 games doesn't scream 9 Mil AAV to me. His +/- was great, but at the end of the day...gotta put pucks in net when the seasons on the line.

image.png.503bc0e439d5ab67ad8c4951b3c1db2c.png

EDIT: I'd much rather take that money and give it to a pure goal scorer.

Edited by zacka77ack
  • Pie 1

36 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

Post Season Points. As an "Offensive" Defensemen...2 goals in 11 games doesn't scream 9 Mil AAV to me. His +/- was great, but at the end of the day...gotta put pucks in net when the seasons on the line.

image.png.503bc0e439d5ab67ad8c4951b3c1db2c.png

EDIT: I'd much rather take that money and give it to a pure goal scorer.

I’d rather take the 3 off the top and give it to Slavin to make sure he doesn’t go nowhere for the next 4 years.