• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cutting the pounds

SBBlue

I'm about to start a round of P90X. It just works for me. I don't buy into all the bro science bullshit about "muscle confusion" and all that mumbo jumbo. It's basically just a diet plan and a circuit training workout schedule with rest and recovery built in by focusing on different muscle groups. It's just a regiment that works for me because it's laid out in simple form and requires very little equipment. Just follow the plan. It's not rocket science. If you watch your diet and track your nutrition while working out at a good pace for 45 minutes a day you're going to rapidly improve your physical condition.

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm about to start a round of P90X. It just works for me. I don't buy into all the bro science bullshit about "muscle confusion" and all that mumbo jumbo. It's basically just a diet plan and a circuit training workout schedule with rest and recovery built in by focusing on different muscle groups. It's just a regiment that works for me because it's laid out in simple form and requires very little equipment. Just follow the plan. It's not rocket science. If you watch your diet and track your nutrition while working out at a good pace for 45 minutes a day you're going to rapidly improve your physical condition.

I can agree with this. I literally need someone to list step by step what to do and I'll follow it. Makes it easy and takes the thinking and mental roadblocks out of it. I've done a full P90x once, and some other Beach Body offerings here and there.

That's why, for the past few years - I've literally just ran 3 miles 2-3 times per week as a means of maintenance. It' simple, takes under 30 minutes and I can do it by walking outside and taking off.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 1

Stop eating/drinking processed sugar.  I did it to help inflammation in my joints.  Lost 10 pounds in like 3 weeks.  Diddnt have much to lose but I became pretty ripped.  Simple and easy way to start.

Basically drink water and black coffee.  Plain tea.

And just don't eat anything that comes in a wrapper.

57 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Stop eating/drinking processed sugar.  I did it to help inflammation in my joints.  Lost 10 pounds in like 3 weeks.  Diddnt have much to lose but I became pretty ripped.  Simple and easy way to start.

Basically drink water and black coffee.  Plain tea.

And just don't eat anything that comes in a wrapper.

Truth. The one common thread between all the different extreme and/or fad diets is avoiding sugar, processed foods, and simple carbs. Makes sense to pretty much just start there since those are the things that virtually everyone can agree on. Keto, vegan, vegetarian, carnivore, Mediterranean, whatever... they're all trying to avoid or at least significantly limit sugar, processed foods, and simple carbs.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Truth. The one common thread between all the different extreme and/or fad diets is avoiding sugar, processed foods, and simple carbs. Makes sense to pretty much just start there since those are the things that virtually everyone can agree on. Keto, vegan, vegetarian, carnivore, Mediterranean, whatever... they're all trying to avoid or at least significantly limit sugar, processed foods, and simple carbs.

Yea im not a health nazi or anything.  I really was just trying to find a solution to all the pain I wake up in everyday thats not in pill form.  Read that any non natural sugar is just horrible for you so I laid off.  I was not looking to lose weight at all but did pretty quick.  If I can go from 170 to 160 and not really look any different I would imagine it would work great for anyone trying to drop 30, 40 or 50 pounds.  Its the easiest diet in the world really.  I do still drink beer on Friday and sometimes Saturday night tho.  😬 

I did notice for about 4 days after I cut it out I felt extremely tired.  Then once that period ended I started to feel 10 years younger and thats not an exaggeration.