Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Perry Fewell to become co-head of NFL officiating


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That was sudden.

I haven't really been a big fan of Al Riveron anyway, but now an old friend of ours will be taking some of his duties.

We sure he is our old friend after getting shown the door???? I guess if we keep getting hosed on replays we will know....

May as well start the conspiracy now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kungfoodude said:

We sure he is our old friend after getting shown the door???? I guess if we keep getting hosed on replays we will know....

May as well start the conspiracy now.

Fair enough.

It's pretty much an annual event at this point anyway.

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm blanking on the name of the douchebag that came before him, the guy that went to Fox Sports.

Riveron was at least better than that guy.

 

 

Edit: Looked him up, Dean Blandino.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

In similar news, RG3 is joining ESPN 

 

Talk about a guy who can pinpoint when his career spiraled.  He was never the same after Shanahan decided it was a great idea to leave RG3 in the 2013 playoff game against Seattle when it was obvious the part of his leg below the knee was being held to the part of his leg above the knee by duct tape.

He entered that game with an LCL sprain, and left it with a torn LCL, ACL, meniscus.  Brilliant decision, that one was.

  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Talk about a guy who can pinpoint when his career spiraled.  He was never the same after Shanahan decided it was a great idea to leave RG3 in the 2013 playoff game against Seattle when it was obvious the part of his leg below the knee was being held to the part of his leg above the knee by duct tape.

He entered that game with an LCL sprain, and left it with a torn LCL, ACL, meniscus.  Brilliant decision, that one was.

I watched that game and that injury was horrible to watch. But I seem to remember that there was controversy before that game because Shanahan didn't want to play him and was told that he had to play him or am I having one of those false memory moments where I'm confusing different memories and mixing them together?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I watched that game and that injury was horrible to watch. But I seem to remember that there was controversy before that game because Shanahan didn't want to play him and was told that he had to play him or am I having one of those false memory moments where I'm confusing different memories and mixing them together?

I don't remember that, but given who owns the team it is certainly a credible, if not likely scenario. 

I do remember reading there was some disagreement between Shanahan and others about how to use RG3.  It might have been sour grapes, but Shanahan's version was that "others" won.

It was horrible to watch.  I remember watching it with some in-laws from the DC area and hoping the game ended before something worse happened. Something worse did, and he was never the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I watched that game and that injury was horrible to watch. But I seem to remember that there was controversy before that game because Shanahan didn't want to play him and was told that he had to play him or am I having one of those false memory moments where I'm confusing different memories and mixing them together?

I just remember there being a really eerie and ominous overtone, like everyone knew something was going to happen to his knee.

Edited by cardiackat88.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...