• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen ...

Zod

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I tend to agree. The heat will start to rise on the staff and I think since Rhule is calling the shots, he is gonna get a little antsy.

Will be curious to see if it is in the draft or via trade. Jimmy G likely to be available next offseason.

fug a Jimmy G. If Sam flops and Watson is untouchable, it's gonna be Rattler or Howell. We're going all in.

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, we'll see how it plays out. I do think  that if Darnold flops we're gonna swing BIG next year. Enough half stepping. Identify a QB and go get him.

Of course, the opportunity actually has to exist for you to do that.  This was kinda a weird year IMO.  Draft was heavier for top QB prospects than your average one + a lot of big names up for talk at the same time.

QB needy teams have high odds of owning the coveted QB in a draft.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Of course, you the opportunity actually has to exist for you to do that.  This was kinda a weird year IMO.  Draft was heavier for top QB prospects than your average one + a lot of big names up for talk at the same time.

Well, we don't know how the 2022 class will end up, either. Sometimes they get more stacked as the season(college) progresses. 

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

How many years are we going to do this

That depends. How many more years are we going to bandage up the offensive line instead of addressing it head on? 2022 has to be the big one regardless of the win/loss record for this season.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Not saying I want him, just saying they might feel enough heat to go for another vet. After all, they have done that the past two seasons.

what did Einstein say about insanity…

Would be time for Tepper IMO to step in and do what some claim he will never do or get a new staff IMO

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Of course, the opportunity actually has to exist for you to do that.  This was kinda a weird year IMO.  Draft was heavier for top QB prospects than your average one + a lot of big names up for talk at the same time.

I think Tepper's patience might start wearing thin if Darnold flops.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Not saying I want him, just saying they might feel enough heat to go for another vet. After all, they have done that the past two seasons.

A highly drafted rookie probably buys you another two years, maybe even three if he's showing promise. Another vet flop might only get you one.

Well, we don't know how the 2022 class will end up, either. Sometimes they get more stacked as the season(college) progresses. 

Hard to imagine it would top this one though IMO.   No doubt a Wilson or someone can and likely will emerge.  But Trevor and Fields are rare in terms of hitting draft together… plus the other guys IMO. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

what did Einstein say about insanity…

Would be time for Tepper IMO to step in and do what some claim he will never do or get a new staff IMO

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think Tepper's patience might start wearing thin if Darnold flops.

Yeah and I don't think that would be a good thing.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

A highly drafted rookie probably buys you another two years, maybe even three if he's showing promise. Another vet flop might only get you one.

I don't know. It's also a potential path to disaster. I definitely tend to lean rookie but I also understand why a coach that might be feeling some pressure would feel otherwise. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Darnold flops hard and I think Rhule’s seat is hot.   Given you can’t really play the who knew card, that Teddy and Darnold weren’t good enough. 

Tepper gonna be questioned about that Rhule contract too.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Yeah and I don't think that would be a good thing.

I don't know. It's also a potential path to disaster. I definitely tend to lean rookie but I also understand why a coach that might be feeling some pressure would feel otherwise. 

It's all a potential path to disaster, but the high draft picks - even though plenty of them bust - have a lot higher success rate than vet retreads.

• Beer 1