• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday joint practice news and tweets

Captain Morgan

7 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I get that with preseason games but I feel these practices show a lot more overall such as talent and depth.

Its mainly to show dont overact, just 70 minutes into the first joint practice. Coaching should improve his troops and tomorrow be 180. Indy's D is one of the best in the league, we already knew the OL is lacking.... I just dont want injuries and maybe put a bug in Ballard's ear about trading for a LB...

I should know better than try the impossible tho, my bad.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Guys, no reason to flip poo. It's a process. Any reasonable person knew that "top 10 defense" talk was ridiculous. 

Baby steps. If we have across the board improvements on that unit over the course of the season, at least we are on the right path. 

Seems like a mixed bag overall but basically what I think the more reasonable Panther fans expected. Some good, some bad. Still a work in progress and that's okay.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Its mainly to show dont overact, just 70 minutes into the first joint practice. Coaching should improve his troops and tomorrow be 180. Indy's D is one of the best in the league, we already knew the OL is lacking.... I just dont want injuries and maybe put a bug in Ballard's ear about trading for a LB...

I should know better than try the impossible tho, my bad.

Isn't the majority of Indy's starting DL sitting out today with injury?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

Let’s compare us to the Patriots. Nice logic. 

cam newton GIF

I believe the panthers also had a awful pre-season and went 12-4 during the season. Do you remember that? It have been the SB year, but they looked lost til the season started. I believe a joint practice was part of it too. 

• Poo 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

It wouldn't matter that much. Our OL was going to look shaky no matter what. 

This should literally shock zero people.

I'd feel better if we had some semblance of a lineup in place. These guys need to have as much time as possible to gel. That we still seem to be in the midst of figuring out who's gonna be playing and where is concerning.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Isn't the majority of Indy's starting DL sitting out today with injury?

There was a list of players eailer in this thread- Nelson, Wertz, Kelly, and couple other key players out. But I didnt see starting DL, but I dont know if the coaches gave them the day off or not. I wanted to see Buckner vs panthers OL, but no luck so far...

• Pie 1

Just now, Captain Morgan said:

Unofficial final numbers today: Sam Ehlinger 13-16, 3 TDs, sack; Jacob Eason 8-11, TD, 3 sacks

I think those numbers aren't that good if our DL is allowed to hit them. We probably still have a lot of work to do on the back end of the D but that DL will be fierce all year long.