• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are you Looking For? What does Success Look Like?

Steves89

Preseason games are weird and it is a cliche to point out that good teams often go 0-4 in the preseason. So what are you looking for? Who will you be watching? 

Unforced Errors: Yes, the DBO sign is dumb. Very dumb. Like high school coach from a 1998 Disney movie dumb. But there is truth to it. More than the performance of any player, I want to see how well-coached the players are, particularly those at the bottom of the depth chart. Can they avoid simple mistakes. Rhule is supposed to be able to coach players up so let's see it. I want to see if the culture he is building plays out on the field.

Jermain Carter - always been high on this young man. I don't know that he will ever be more than a solid backup, but I hope he succeeds and it looks like this year will be his shot. 

Christian Miller - I remember some hype around him when he was drafted and that he was good value for where we picked. But then he sat out 2020 so this is basically his rookie year and LB is a question mark for us. Hope he shows up. 

Daviyon Nixon - Lot of hype when drafted. Haven't heard much from camp

Special Teams Play - Obviously curious to see who emerges as our returners but more interested in what the coverage units look like.

Safety Play - I like Burris but we need better and in a passing league back up safeties will get playing time. Wondering if Franklin or someone else will provide good depth

The Entire Offensive Line Forever Because Nothing Else Matters - Rhule Says starters won't be playing. Don't know what that means in this context given that as far as I can tell we only have one starter on our OL. Not sure who will be playing and who won't but there could be a chance that someone who gets playing time today will start later in the season. Hoping Christianson and Deonte Brown do well. 

What will you be looking for? What does success look like for a preseason game?