• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I used to come to this place to learn things about football...

4 hours ago, Varking said:

If you don’t want to see certain voices you have to put them on ignore. 

You shouldn't have the ignore the mods who just routinely rip on our QB and whine about the Oline, and bitch about the coach.  The reason the trolls are louder here now is because 2 of them are mods.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, onmyown said:

Nothing has been shown to the fans that we are on track, nothing.

If you see absolutely nothing positive, then why should someone who sees some bright spots engage you?  

I continue to keep an open mind but in the end a poor season will really dig deeper into a hole that’s already there. I am more understanding of the negativity because it’s based on facts.

My hope IS based on facts.

Any Panther fan still standing at this point, even the negative nancies have hope.

When they are constantly predicting failure here, and then saying anyone who disagrees them isn't looking at the facts, even when facts are presented, it's REALLY hard to believe they have any hope.  Or more accurately, they are HOPING for failure.  One on here admitted he hopes Darnold fails because he has money on the line.

Hope is the staple of being a Panther fan. And when the hope turns to fact, we will see less negative nancies.

You would think.  They already move the goalposts, saying worst case scenario isn't being bad, its improving to just average.  If we're not a winning team, we should tank or we screw ourselves in the draft.  

If we win week one, I hope you come back to calm the sunshine crowd down

Depends what you mean.  We SHOULD CELEBRATE WINS.  That said, beating the jets doesn't mean we're SB bound either.

Don't sleep on the jets, they are a much better team  on paper now  and beat 2 winning teams last year.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

Truth. I lurked here since 2012 before I joined in 2014. Not much has changed in 10 seasons on this front.

I've read here for a long long time.  What's new is the negativity from some of the mods.  I don't remember moderators claiming we don't even have a QB, before the new QB takes a snap.  A couple mods are  complaining daily about the coach, the line and Darnold.  Predicting failure over and over,  and that Rhule will whiff not just with Darnold, but the next QB he picks.  It just gets old.

They were saying that our backup line was going to get our QB's killed today.  There was one sack.   Today the line held, we had trouble running the ball, just like last year.  Hubbard compensated, just like CMC will.  

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

I almost always avoid the live game threads.  They tend towards extreme reactions and a lot of stuff that's not really worth reading.

But once the dust settles and emotions quiet a bit, there are usually some good threads worth reading.

Thanks for good observations & perspective.

I almost never post in live game day threads. I’m either at games or watching with friends. I’m very rarely on here during games. Last year was somewhat of an excepting due to Covid but even then, I am usually entrenched in the game and fantasy during commercials 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I've read here for a long long time.  What's new is the negativity from some of the mods.  I don't remember moderators claiming we don't even have a QB, before the new QB takes a snap.  A couple mods are  complaining daily about the coach, the line and Darnold.  Predicting failure over and over,  and that Rhule will whiff not just with Darnold, but the next QB he picks.  It just gets old.

They were saying that our backup line was going to get our QB's killed today.  There was one sack.   Today the line held, we had trouble running the ball, just like last year.  Hubbard compensated, just like CMC will.  

Yeah I think perhaps the negativity has in part taken over because it’s endorsed by the mods like you said. It’s one thing to have an opinion and disagree with decisions the team is making. But it’s another to just absolutely poo on them day after day after day relentlessly. I understand people feel frustrated but it’s gotten to a point where being negative about your overall outlook somehow makes you more knowledgeable and credible. I genuinely don’t get it. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

If you see absolutely nothing positive, then why should someone who sees some bright spots engage you?  

My hope IS based on facts.

When they are constantly predicting failure here, and then saying anyone who disagrees them isn't looking at the facts, even when facts are presented, it's REALLY hard to believe they have any hope.  Or more accurately, they are HOPING for failure.  One on here admitted he hopes Darnold fails because he has money on the line.

You would think.  They already move the goalposts, saying worst case scenario isn't being bad, its improving to just average.  If we're not a winning team, we should tank or we screw ourselves in the draft.  

Depends what you mean.  We SHOULD CELEBRATE WINS.  That said, beating the jets doesn't mean we're SB bound either.

Don't sleep on the jets, they are a much better team  on paper now  and beat 2 winning teams last year.

Hey, I made a statement in regards to Darnold being garbage, before we even traded for him... haven't changed my stand on it, some felt the need to bet against my ideal Darnold is just not that good. I was never hoping, I for one, am sticking my neck out there for PJ,I based my gambling on logical critical thinking 🤔...if my teams wins and the process of Darnold throwing +10 int before week 4...so be it..win/win. 

If Darnold just sucks, n my team losing because of it...damn right I want something back for investing my time into this team.

That's just good business 🤣

But I never liked Darnold, he screw me out of a Fantasy Championship...the man got me -4 pts....

I could've had any QB on the bench n got 0 pts...and won, I lost by 2pts by the way.

You say petty...I say fool me once...

22 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yeah I think perhaps the negativity has in part taken over because it’s endorsed by the mods like you said. It’s one thing to have an opinion and disagree with decisions the team is making. But it’s another to just absolutely poo on them day after day after day relentlessly. I understand people feel frustrated but it’s gotten to a point where being negative about your overall outlook somehow makes you more knowledgeable and credible. I genuinely don’t get it. 

Damn it.  I'm out of pie.

YES.  I agree.  It gets old.  Look, I'm all for disagreeing on strategy and facts.  But predicting failure not just of this QB, but also after this one fails,  the next one, its ridiculous.  The oline whine, though not unfounded, is just incessant.

We had 1 sack, threw 0 ints and suffered 0 QB fumbles in the Colts preseason game. 

Are they on here eating crow when they said that our QB was going to get "killed" because the backups to our trash offensive line must REALLY be trash? 
No, they're bitching because the 1s didn't start.

I guess the Colts are doing it wrong too, they barely played their ones.

When a mod said we don't  even have a QB, that's when I put him on ignore.

We had an intervention with one a while ago because he said he was just doing it to piss off people.  

When you're a mod and you're getting pied regularly by Chuck and the trolls, you're doing it wrong.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

YES.  I agree.  It gets old.  Look, I'm all for disagreeing on strategy and facts.  But predicting failure not just of this QB, but also after this one fails,  the next one, its ridiculous.  The oline whine, though not unfounded, is just incessant.

We had 1 sack, threw 0 ints and suffered 0 QB fumbles in the Colts preseason game. 

Are they on here eating crow when they said that our QB was going to get "killed" because the backups to our trash offensive line must REALLY be trash? 

We had an intervention with one a while ago because he said he was just doing it to piss off people.  

When you're a mod and you're getting pied regularly by Chuck and the trolls, you're doing it wrong.

And to be fair, I only throw shots at any other QB when shots are thrown at PJ. I mean some of us, just don't like the others choice right now. Hopefully one of us is right and the team benefits...

Take Mr.Scot, for example...he clearly said PJ ain't a NFL QB...he's been ducking....

But I'm still here quacking until Darnold shows something in a game like setting. You know when he knows he ain't been protected like a baby 🍼😅

So prove me wrong Darnold... that's all. Won't speak on him, until he plays a snap in preseason but something tells me Will going look better than him...oh boy what then 😂

Oyeah, I don't wanna hear bout o-line excuses either...u create when there's nothing there....

Edited by CPsinceDay1

I think the past 25 year argument is probably the worst argument you can have in this forum.  Each season is new, different players, different rules.  You can give your reasons why the past sucked.  Hurney, Fox, Rivera and the list goes on and on but each season (most of them) starts with hope.

We should start each season with our pessimistic or optimistic attitudes but with valid talking points.  I think there are some extreme rose colored-glasses fans as well as the sky is falling fans.

What I do notice mostly, NOT ALL, is that the majority of negative threads and comments are simple statements with rarely any backing opinion.  

And God Forbid you have a difference of opinion.  Mud starts to fly then.  Insane.

• Pie 1

I had a family thing to go to and so I tried to record the game. On NFL Network. Ended up getting the Browns versus the Jags which was the equivalent of two mules fighting over a turnip.

Did manage to catch the second half and came away thinking that was a lackluster bunch of guys we fielded. But realized that we are talking third stringers at best, a few practice squad players and a bunch of guys who will go home and have to decide if they want to keep pursuing their pro football dreams or find different life paths.

Roughly 90 guys were fielded by the Panthers going into that game and before the season starts, only 53 of them will have a job. It's the hard math and the end of the road for a lot of young men's dreams. 

We just need to remember, for at least a short while, those guys were OUR guys, Panthers if just for a couple of weeks. Good luck to them!

• Pie 2

57 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I had a family thing to go to and so I tried to record the game. On NFL Network. Ended up getting the Browns versus the Jags which was the equivalent of two mules fighting over a turnip.

Did manage to catch the second half and came away thinking that was a lackluster bunch of guys we fielded. But realized that we are talking third stringers at best, a few practice squad players and a bunch of guys who will go home and have to decide if they want to keep pursuing their pro football dreams or find different life paths.

Roughly 90 guys were fielded by the Panthers going into that game and before the season starts, only 53 of them will have a job. It's the hard math and the end of the road for a lot of young men's dreams. 

We just need to remember, for at least a short while, those guys were OUR guys, Panthers if just for a couple of weeks. Good luck to them!

90 guys but I read somewhere only 56 suited up?  Clearly this was a scrimmage and a showcase for the 2's and 3's.  Anyone making franchise decisions now should stay behind the internet warrior firewall where they belong.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, SBBlue said:

You do realize the mods here are drafted out of Division III, right?  They did not give up their right to have an opinion.  If you are specifically talking about one particular mod the only thing I notice is that they are very consistent in their opinion.  One board where everyone thinks alike is going to be extremely boring.  So are posters that "straddle the line" on every single thread.  Have an opinion and man up.  

• Pie 1