• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There was one sack, 0 interceptions and 0 QB fumbles in our 1st preseason game.

SBBlue

Just now, 45catfan said:

We are going to agree to disagree.  Lastly a guard plays on offense, a defensive tackle plays on defense, so the hurry would be by the DT, not the guard.  Just a FYI there.

I bet you had to google that.  BTW guards are on the INSIDE.  And there was no pressure even as he turned to run into his RT who also had his man blocked.  

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

I bet you had to google that.  BTW guards are on the INSIDE.  And there was no pressure even as he turned to run into his RT who also had his man blocked.  

You are funny.  I'm not the one who TWICE said "being hurried by the guard".   I let the first slide until you started to get snippy.

Just now, 45catfan said:

You are funny.  I'm not the one who TWICE said "being hurried by the guard".   I let the first slide until you started to get snippy.

The hurry would have be assigned to the guard.  You seemed proud to know your positions.  I don't want to ruin it.  Good work.

11 hours ago, SBBlue said:

You have to be able to catch zips in the NFL.  Defenders close gaps fast. 

Back in the day when dinosaurs walked the earth, I played a little secondary in high school.  We prayed to the football gods for the occasional fluttering duck that allowed you to jump the route.  It made even marginally talented players like me look better than we really were.  And the cheerleaders were impressed.  Good times.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Back in the day when dinosaurs walked the earth, I played a little secondary in high school.  We prayed to the football gods for the occasional fluttering duck that allowed you to jump the route.  It made even marginally talented players like me look better than we really were.  And the cheerleaders were impressed.  Good times.

They were.  They were.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Yup, the RG is getting beat and PJ is rightfully getting out of Dodge to the right.   The problem is he turned and there is a battle right in front of him so he hits the gap between backside guard and tackle before making the pass.  You do know when a guard gets turned perpendicular to the sidelines, he's beat, right?

Not trying to stir a turd, but I don't think that the pocket was collapsing in this scenario. To me, it looks like PJ just steps forward to give himself a better line of sight (he is short for a QB) and, more importantly, to let Marshall get more open. The DT DID turn Brown, but he actually never gets around him (that's a lot of man to get around). In fact, he comes up lame after the play.

Either way, PJ does a great job keeping the play alive until his WR breaks free.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Not trying to stir a turd, but I don't think that the pocket was collapsing in this scenario. To me, it looks like PJ just steps forward to give himself a better line of sight (he is short for a QB) and, more importantly, to let Marshall get more open. The DT DID turn Brown, but he actually never gets around him (that's a lot of man to get around). In fact, he comes up lame after the play.

Either way, PJ does a great job keeping the play alive until his WR breaks free.

This...

Only if you gave the O-line more praised, SBBlue would approve it ...

Imagine if that was Darnold, the talk would be he's elusive, look how he maneuvers and the pocket, to let his blocks develop...

Edited by CPsinceDay1

3 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

It was the same for me...but I was in band.  But I did play the drums so that was cool.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It was the same for me...but I was in band.  But I did play the drums so that was cool.

Some great memories.  We had a really good marching band, cheerleaders, majorettes.  The concessions sucked but that was a problem for people in the stands.  Saturday night, it was the place to be.  Some great memories for a simpler time.  Cheers!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

So I went to 3 Colts message boards to see how their reaction to their backup line play was.  I was expecting them to call them trash, or garbage, or how their QBs were getting killed or running for their lives or how their GM/coach didn't value the line because they had no depth on their offensive line... you know, like huddlers do here.

Nope.