• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question...what if P.J is better then S D?

Jmac

54 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I don't think there's anyway Darnold isn't the starter all season barring injury.

If you wanted a solid backup, then you should have kept Teddy for another season.

At this point, you just have to eat the losses and get a high draft pick if Darnold goes down or isn't the answer.

If you're not a contender, then having a "good" backup QB is kind of pointless IMO.

The Colts backups yesterday looked way more like genuine NFL backups than anyone we have.

• Beer 1

PJ Walker was asked to do his job once.  He did it.  1-0.  

Coming in late in a game you are losing and taking shots to try to get a team back into it instead of just trying to get out of there....I put in a different category. 

Is PJ Walker great? Nah.  Is he a NFL backup QB?  Sure.   League is full of guys you don't want to be your starter because they aren't good enough.   In fact, a mobile guy like PJ is a great backup QB because he can offer a lot in game prep for opponents IMO. 

My stance remains the same, if you are complaining about PJ Walker.  The real issue isn't PJ.  It's the dude ahead of him. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

I think as long as he's healthy then Sam Darnold is the qb all season.  If hes not the answer then I'm fairly sure they dont think the answer is on the roster.  So far our approach at qb feels a lot like Tepper and his making his fortune on hedge funds.   Their method to find a qb so far seems to take flyers on low risk potentially high reward shots.  If they dont pan out in their first season then they didnt give up that much and arent especially tied to them for more than a year or two and if they hit on one then they didnt give up much and have a good young qb.  The downfall being it can potentially basically mean they are almost throwing away seasons on an individual basis but they are also adding more and more pieces to surround the eventual qb of the future.  Hopefully its Darnold.

low risk high reward, which is pretty much PJ Walker and Will Grier identified. More so PJ. 

what yall need to understand is the NFL is very much status quo. The reason why coaches dont utilize the opportunity to use backups even when the backups are legit talented is because status quo. NFL status quo says you HAVE to draft a qb, if someone is a backup they HAVE to stay a backup. its old, its played out, but this league is very closed minded anyways. Look at carolina fans PJ Walker has clearly demonstrated starter abilities with a huge upside and potential but because he has the STIGMA of a backup most carolina fans don't even want to entertain the idea of PJ Walker starting. Its not fair, but i learned to accept it.

• Pie 1

I'm Team PJ>Darnold...ride/die, right/wrong...but to give an accurate response...

I think the media would force Tepper to overRhule any decision. An 0-4 start, and Darnold doesn't looked the part. Folks remember playmakers, PJ's putting up some decent highlights, if he continues throughout preseason, add the XFL highlights, there's going to be some rumbles as to if he should get a fair shake...

Now, here's the big dilemma, PJ, takes over, the season not lost, but he leads us to say a playoff berth. Questions once again are going to rise....What to do with Sam? Your now starting QB is making less than the backup, and has 1 year left on the contract. Are you now confident in PJ, or was it a fluke season??? It can seem to create more problems, or PJ could be the last missing piece to the puzzle.

If you want to live an easy going Panther's life as a fan, then drink Britain's tea, hope the powers that be change their ways

or welcome to Charlotte's Tea Party, were us die hard fans since day1, , are going to gripe, b"tch, moan, until we see some "just"ice on the "field". You promised us no more mediocrity and let go of one of this generations best talent in Cam for Teddy, then traded for a QB who perform worse than Teddy that year/ and many folks around the NFL have proclaimed a bust before said trade{after the trade, it's Carolina, a good fit...plz had he been traded to DET, DET would've took a QB in the draft...u know just saying. Cam could've finished out the year before, for all that...No one should be giving a starting job, except maybe CMC, Moton, Paradis, DJ, Robbie on offense...who have perform for this team time after time. Not based on what if's...

PJ and the Panthers 1-0....Sam Darnold and the Panthers 0-0 we shall see..

I like how the team responds with PJ in the game, when I finally get to see Darnold take snaps, I will give an honest opinion. But if the energy anywhere near Grier's and the 3rdstring with Darnold and 1st sting...oh boy.  

If Darnold surprises me, I mean, beat the Jets, do that first. Beat, who they say, held you back Sam...prove the haters wrong, PJ loves doing that. Here's looking at you Mr.Scot

PJ played good for not getting that many reps in practice, I mean PJ showed he can go a game without turning it over so for Darnold getting all this practice with the one's should be no problem, right,...but of course there will be, and of course the excuses will follow...

And another thing, PJ was a Panther before Darnold but the loyalty to a Jet QB who hasn't even taking a snap for us is mind blogging. I get it, you tired, you really need him to be the answer. 

I for one, am cool, Sam wins We all Win, Sam lose, PJ wins, We all Win, Sam lose, PJ lose, We draft Malik Willis, We all Win

• Poo 1

7 minutes ago, Tinamedina said:

low risk high reward, which is pretty much PJ Walker and Will Grier identified. More so PJ. 

what yall need to understand is the NFL is very much status quo. The reason why coaches dont utilize the opportunity to use backups even when the backups are legit talented is because status quo. NFL status quo says you HAVE to draft a qb, if someone is a backup they HAVE to stay a backup. its old, its played out, but this league is very closed minded anyways. Look at carolina fans PJ Walker has clearly demonstrated starter abilities with a huge upside and potential but because he has the STIGMA of a backup most carolina fans don't even want to entertain the idea of PJ Walker starting. Its not fair, but i learned to accept it.

Some people just can't imagine an Undrafted, Undersized, QB winning multiple Superbowls...guess you at least have to go in the 6th round

Edited by CPsinceDay1
  • Flames 1

“Since the XFL and Temple”. Like 3 years ago. I’ve been a fan since 95 and I’ve seen the “back up QB is better” for 26 years now and it was only true once (Delhomme).

I remember when Beuerlein was the answer, when Weinke was the answer, when Basanez/Pike was the answer, when Moore was the answer, and when Kyle Allen was the answer. 

PJ Walker is not even close to being the answer. He’s not better than Darnold or half of the folks I named above.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

“Since the XFL and Temple”. Like 3 years ago. I’ve been a fan since 95 and I’ve seen the “back up QB is better” for 26 years now and it was only true once (Delhomme).

I remember when Beuerlein was the answer, when Weinke was the answer, when Basanez/Pike was the answer, when Moore was the answer, and when Kyle Allen was the answer. 

PJ Walker is not even close to being the answer. He’s not better than Darnold or half of the folks I named above.

Beuerlein haha, Weinke, there was false hope there, Moore, your wanted it but the team was no where near as talented, K.Allen was just fool's gold bc some folks hated Cam.

I would love to hear Delhomme's point of view on PJ, I'm quite sure, many of us would be surprise at his take

1 minute ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Beuerlein haha, Weinke, there was false hope there, Moore, your wanted it but the team was no where near as talented, K.Allen was just fool's gold bc some folks hated Cam.

I would love to hear Delhomme's point of view on PJ, I'm quite sure, many of us would be surprise at his take

His point of view would likely be to sign 3 new QBs because they are all horrible.