• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WSOC is showing the Colts game again

GRWatcher

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

Between the green screen, blocky dial-up modemish freezes, and the international soccer, I about lost it. I switched to watch on Panthers.com.

Yeah, I was absolutely livid!! When their feed finally “fixed”, it definitely wasn’t HD quality, it was like they were using a camcorder from the 80’s…

Season 6 Episode 3 GIF by ABC Network

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, weyco2000 said:

Yeah, I was absolutely livid!! When their feed finally “fixed”, it definitely wasn’t HD quality, it was like they were using a camcorder from the 80’s…

Season 6 Episode 3 GIF by ABC Network

LOL
I know it's 2021 and clear skies and they can't figure out how to broadcast an away game.   My dvr didn't even show it on the WSOC schedule.  It got taped under the soccer and WNBA titles.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

LOL
I know it's 2021 and clear skies and they can't figure out how to broadcast an away game.   My dvr didn't even show it on the WSOC schedule.  It got taped under the soccer and WNBA titles.

Yeah total failure by WSOC. I have YouTube TV and it was listed as soccer also. It was like they forgot they were broadcasting the game, really odd.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, weyco2000 said:

Yeah total failure by WSOC. I have YouTube TV and it was listed as soccer also. It was like they forgot they were broadcasting the game, really odd.

If you go to your live feed on YouTube TV and find TV64 (down just a little from the top of the listing), 7pm today (8/17), it is listed as Panthers v Colts so DVRing it shouldn't be any problem.

I missed most of the 2nd qtr and ended up using the Panthers app on my phone but with my bad eyes had trouble seeing any details such as jersey numbers. So I will watch it again.

8 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

As mentioned in a different thread, various TV providers rely on data from three(?) different guide services. Comcast may use service #1, Spectrum may use service #2, YouTube may use service #3.

Those guides are only as good as the data fed to them (obviously). In some instances, it's the responsibility of the individual TV station to upload data to each of the individual providers; in other cases, some providers use feeds from each other to populate data (meaning, they rely on a "partner" to be the sole/best source of info). In other cases, the guides publish data they receive from the network, and they may have had some issue with a local station's "override national programming" update -- for discussion purposes, a bad update could be a funky non-ASCII character from a copy/paste, or perhaps a title or description that was too long, resulting in an inaccessible/invalid data entry until it's fixed.

In all cases, it can take a day or more for updates to be populated into the DB and pushed out to receivers or other user-facing interfaces. It's definitely not instant upon update by any means, even for online-only services.

In an ideal world, these updates would be in real-time, so your DVR would know automatically to continue to record overtime games as they ran over. But for now, we're kinda stuck having to manually say "let's add an extra hour to the recording, just in case"