• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5-2 ?

VA BEACH PANTHER

We are going to play just good enough to screw up our draft, Keep John Fox and Keep Jake. Now that is something to cheer about. YIPPPEEEEEEEE

ughh... Why take the two minutes out of your day to post this crap???? get over your pessimism and enjoy the season while the Panthers are playing pretty well! I just don't understand this attitude.... we get a great win and it somehow intensifies the pessimism because nobody wants to get their hopes up just because there is a chance they may be crushed... like last year....

Nobody can change what happened at the beginning of the season, but right now the Panthers have a shot at finishing above Atlanta...and I'm not saying they will (they probably will not) but at least stand behind our team because they still have a shot! ..jeez..

i actually think it's pretty possible.

miami....W (things weighing in our favor for various reasons)

jets...W (they are heading south with their rook QB)

bucs...W (in carolina and they still suck)

pats...L (could be ugly but it could also be a very good game)

vikes...L (depends on if farve is healthy or not)

giants...W (struggling a lot this year. we look better than they do right now)

saints...W (they will probably be resting their starters and it's here in carolina)

so a 9-7 record is looking very possible at this point.

getting a wild card spot...it can happen. we aren't playing lights out so it's not going to be because of us playing really well. it's going to be us not making mistakes. there are quite a few teams in contention right now.

there are 7 teams at 5-4 or 4-5 and the wildcards can go to any of them.

eagles: 5-4 last 5 games they are 2-3 and have lost 2 straight. they may have lost westbrook for the season and their defense isn't looking anywhere as lethal as it was when they destroyed us week one. WC is far from certain. i could see them losing 3-4 games the rest of the way. my prediction: finish 9-7

falcons: 5-4 but 2-3 last 5 weeks. they very well could be looking at another 2 losses in a row. facing the giants after a 4 game losing streak and a giants bye week could be ugly, especially if they have lost turner for some time. their defense isn't very good and their offense is looking pretty unspectacular. much like the eagles, they could be looking at 3-4 losses the rest of the season. my prediction: 8-8

packers: 5-4 with a 3-2 record the last 5 weeks. they beat the cowboys but lost to the bucs. who knows what is happening there. 3-4 losses are very possible. they have the ravens and the steelers on the schedule who are going to kick their butt. the rest of their schedule could easily go either way. my prediction: 8-8

giants: 5-4 but 1-4 the last 5 weeks and coming off a 4 game losing streak. i think they could pull this next game out but more than that...i just don't know. i could see them getting things right and winning 5 of the next 7 games. my prediction: 10-6

49ers: 4-5 but 1-4 last 5 weeks with a 4 game losing streak going on. looking at the schedule i could see that losing streak stretch out to another 5 games. it's a tough schedule for them. my prediction: 6-10

panthers: see above. my prediction 9-7

bears: 4-5 but 1-4 the last 5 weeks. they just aren't looking good. the defense is old and pretty ineffective. their offense isn't on the same page at all and they have no run game. bad oline and a QB who likes to win games on his own but has no receivers to throw to. they might be able to pull off 4 wins the rest of the year. my prediction: 8-8

a 9-7 record isn't great at all but considering how poorly the other teams are doing in the NFC, it might just be enough to get in. aside from the vikings and the saints, the rest of the conference is looking pretty ugly. even the cards and the cowboys who are leading their divisions aren't looking very good. cards will get in the playoffs just because they are the least sucky of the NFCW. the cowboys choke for a living. looking at their upcoming schedule, they could very well lose that top spot in the NFCE to the giants and get a WC (that they will lose because that is what they do).

i dont know. we play some really solid teams next with good defenses. not the 26th ranked passing defense either. what i am scared of for next year if we do decent this year is that fox wont learn his lesson ,be stubborn, believe in his philosophy cant possibly fail and not address the qb situation.

Ur setting urself up for an emotional faceplant playing that game. I'm tired of the predictions and expectations. I'll be watching the rest of the games with the sole intent of rooting for my favorite team...if somebody new steps up and costs us a win oh-well. I'd be really great if we could make a run like the superbowl season. Nobody expected sh!t out of us and it was the best football I ever watched...

I'm a little tired of the predictions, but that's nothing compared to how I feel about those who are rooting for the Panthers to fail. I'm talking about those who are taking some sort of retarded "long view" that if we have a poor record we'll get rid of Fox and Jake and maybe start recovering sometime in 2015.

All of you assholes that do that, please go root for the Falcons, or anyone else. The Panthers don't need fans like you, don't want fans like you, and probably would never think to include you among their fans to begin with. You never root for your team to lose, that's despicable.

I'm a little tired of the predictions, but that's nothing compared to how I feel about those who are rooting for the Panthers to fail. I'm talking about those who are taking some sort of retarded "long view" that if we have a poor record we'll get rid of Fox and Jake and maybe start recovering sometime in 2015.

All of you assholes that do that, please go root for the Falcons, or anyone else. The Panthers don't need fans like you, don't want fans like you, and probably would never think to include you among their fans to begin with. You never root for your team to lose, that's despicable.

:cheers2:

Rooting for Fox to be here next year is rooting for the Panthers to lose.

Kiss my ass. I'm rooting for the Panthers to win Thursday and on every other day they play this year. You should go cheer for the Jets or something.

Your schtick is getting old, Cyber, as well as every other eternal optimist on this board. Let people do whatever the heck they want to do. If you don't like it, tough. They're entitled to their opinions, just as you are entitled to your's.

The Panthers need to concentrate on being "spoilers",kind of like how they spoiled it for the Falcons and made it harder for them to go the playoffs.If they have that attitude,they would be able to relax more and have fun while playing,which would help them play better!If they are overly concerned about making the playoffs(doubt they make it),they will play tight and end up making stupid mistakes!

I know people like to play the shoulda, coulda, oughta, if only game. I submit that things have happened exactly like they needed to.. The first three games and the buffalo loss were what our players needed in order to be humiliated enough to pull themselves up and start playing like the Panthers we expected.

Even if we don't make the playoffs, going for example 5-2 over the next seven which will equate to 9-4 over the last 13 games will set us up for the future much like the 6-2 run at the end of 2004 is often credited for providing the impetus for our run in 2005.

I surely hope we make a run this year but if not then so be it. The world won't end and I will still enjoy the 5 wins. Hopefully 4 come at home because I love walking out of the stadium with the other team's fans unhappy instead of our own.

And if we end up 9-7 which is only one game off my prediction of 10-6 at the beginning of the season, it will be a pleasant surprise given how we started.

Your schtick is getting old, Cyber, as well as every other eternal optimist on this board. Let people do whatever the heck they want to do. If you don't like it, tough. They're entitled to their opinions, just as you are entitled to your's.

It's no schtick, and I don't give a damn if you think it's old. Put me on ignore if it makes you feel better. I've supported the team through thick and thin, and don't mind calling out the whiners and crybabies a bit.

Do whatever the hell you want. But if you want to insult the team I love, or pull for them to lose, then don't bitch when I bitch back.

Why are the eternal optimist's opinions getting old while the negative pessimists's aren't? If everyone else has the right to their opinion so does he. If he wants to vent anger and make personal attacks, how is that different from most everyone else over the past several weeks? If you tell him that it is tough if he doesn't like someone else's opinion then isn't it tough if you don't like his?? He has as much right to express his without your censure as you expect him to exhibit regarding others. To criticize his opinion under the premise that everyone has the right to express their own without extending the same right to him is hypocritical at best.

Archived