• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positive Vibes - Sam Darnold Edition**

SetfreexX

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Oh stop with the drama. Fans just want a franchise quarterback. Until we get a true answer about Sam this season other qb's will be discussed. This is no different than any other team in any other year. The issue is some folks just can't handle it if every fan isn't a robot mimicking everyone else.

So let's be a robot mimicking those who discuss other QB's then.   😉

It works both ways also.  

But I get what you're saying.

Two Words :   "PROVE IT!"

That is what many here are thinking in terms of Sam.   (Personally, I think he will prove that he's got what it takes...hope I'm right or I'm going to feel stupid after all the defending I have been doing)

Edited by glenwo2

20 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

So let's be a robot mimicking those who discuss other QB's then.   😉

It works both ways also.  

But I get what you're saying.

Two Words :   "PROVE IT!"

That is what many here are thinking in terms of Sam.   (Personally, I think he will prove that he's got what it takes...hope I'm right or I'm going to feel stupid after all the defending I have been doing)

giphy (9).gif

8 hours ago, joemac said:

Thanks for this.  These are great.  These highlights give me a lot of hope for Sams future here.  He shows very quick decision making, and a complete cannon for an arm.  Also, hes very decisive and accurate on the slants and quick in-cutting routes....something that will be very key with the types of players we have on this team.  I think the skys the limit for Sam and the offense in general this year.  Lets hope he can shake off all the bad habits and stink he got from Adam Gase and the Jets. 

Hey everybody. I stopped by here last time the Jets played in Charlotte and since my wife & I are coming back for opening day, thought I’d drop in again.

Sam suffered from a combination of illness, injury & Adam Gase. I still think he can be a good QB and I hope he works out for you guys. Looking forward to being there to see him and Zach go at it.

• Beer 3

On 8/23/2021 at 9:08 PM, glenwo2 said:

Okay....I'm looking at the vids and I'm seeing him go through his progressions (quickly as the O-Line was sh-t but anyway).

I do not see this bullsh-t "Locking onto a receiver" like some were whining about.

What the hell, people?  @NiceDreams

Justin Timberlake Reaction GIF

You're kidding me? A highlight reel tape of positive plays doesn't show Sam locking onto his receivers and having trouble reading the defense? Very bizarre. 

55 minutes ago, NiceDreams said:

You're kidding me? A highlight reel tape of positive plays doesn't show Sam locking onto his receivers and having trouble reading the defense? Very bizarre. 

If you don't see him looking at other receivers prior to throwing the ball, then I give up as you have it in your mind that Sam only sees one receiver even when it's not true.

This conversation is over.    Keep believing what you want to believe.

I'm done. 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

If you don't see him looking at other receivers prior to throwing the ball, then I give up as you have it in your mind that Sam only sees one receiver even when it's not true.

I'm done. 

I have never really heard Jets fans complain that he would lock onto WRs.  

Generally the knock was his decision making.  Which is I why I have always consider his ceiling being a version of Jake Delhomme - minus the early career moxie Jake had that Tommy Jone took.  Obviously a better athlete though.  

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I'm done. 

Three years of tape, performance and metrics are readily available for you to sift through. If either of us is creating some type of alternate reality here, its not me. But sure, lets agree to disagree. Cheers.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:26 PM, SammyFranchise said:

With all the negativity Surrounding Sam right now, here are some Sam Darnold Highlights that will hopefully give you some hope that Sam will become the Franchise Quarterback many us believe that he is. 

Every Video is from a specific game, not just a bunch of highlights jumbled together. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_8zRUFqutY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ-mSDg1gsA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjNwwnC5nw0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPm7ju9oTRo

Here's some more highlights to showcase his improvement from college...

jetsfan.thumb.PNG.b8564a07a309aa597ec346299d4af3e2.PNG

Edited by CPsinceDay1
Positive Vibes Only

8 hours ago, CRA said:

I have never really heard Jets fans complain that he would lock onto WRs.  

Generally the knock was his decision making.  Which is I why I have always consider his ceiling being a version of Jake Delhomme - minus the early career moxie Jake had that Tommy Jone took.  Obviously a better athlete though.  

Take a stroll over to the Jet Nation forums. You'll see a fair amount of it. Beat reporters Rich Cimini, Conor Hughes, Manish Mehta, Brian Costello, Joe Caporoso....etc wrote about it more than they should have over the past 3 seasons. Robby Sabo provided some great breakdowns of it on twitter.  

However, I would agree to your point. Overall decision making was probably the most popular gripe amongst our fan base, along with poor footwork/mechanics and inability to decipher the defense. 

• Beer 1