• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waiver claims and practice squad signings

Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, Sione Fua said:

So you don’t care who the depth pieces are on the team?

I guess we should sign The Golden Calf of Bristol to be our 3rd QB.

Sure, why not? It really wouldn’t matter one single bit. I’d take TT at QB3 no doubt. At least he’s won a play off game before. If we’re down to QB3 the season is fuged anyways. 

Edited by joemac
  • Poo 1

18 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Thanks for the info and posts.  BTW…saw a Roman Gabriel speech one time and the man was inspiring to say the least.  Love that dude.

My dad and Gabriel were friends.  Roman tried to get my dad (an end) to come to State to play (they were the same age) and Dad ended up going to South Carolina. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Let me say this. 

If you were to ask me (realistically) what you wanted to find in today's dumpster dive, I would have told you a G/C. I have not seen Erving enough, but what I did see was not atrocious.  What I saw coming through A gap on the left side was atrocious.  Maybe they are coming together, maybe they were simply behind the defense (offenses are this time of year and they do not do much game planning before preseason games)--BUT a 23-year old G/C like Jordan is a nice addition.  He is a good athlete and has a chance to start this season.  He has a season of starting experience (19 games) under his belt.  I am thinking he could play LG or C, and after giving him some time to study the offense, he could be a find.  I will not miss Moore, and we saved a few $$$ by doing this, so it is a Win/Win. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

7 hours ago, Smithers said:

He has shown some improvement from his rookie year and had a good preseason.  But he’s also known to Bengals fans as the guy responsible for Burrow getting hurt.  

Anyone can be hurt on any play. It's a miracle that Burrow wasn't hurt before that single incident. Let's describe their mis-placed anger as a microcosm of the culture of the United States right now. Everyone is looking for a scapegoat and ignoring context. Burrow was the most sacked QB up until that point and reality may show it was due to scheme rather than lack of ability. I mean, who drops the most sacked QB back 50 times a game? A rookie? 

That's my "COME ON MANNNNN" TM

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Let me say this. 

If you were to ask me (realistically) what you wanted to find in today's dumpster dive, I would have told you a G/C. I have not seen Erving enough, but what I did see was not atrocious.  What I saw coming through A gap on the left side was atrocious.  Maybe they are coming together, maybe they were simply behind the defense (offenses are this time of year and they do not do much game planning before preseason games)--BUT a 23-year old G/C like Jordan is a nice addition.  He is a good athlete and has a chance to start this season.  He has a season of starting experience (19 games) under his belt.  I am thinking he could play LG or C, and after giving him some time to study the offense, he could be a find.  I will not miss Moore, and we saved a few $$$ by doing this, so it is a Win/Win. 

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with trying this guy out. We don’t have a guard entrenched at the position and this dude at least has NFL experience. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Let me say this. 

I personally think Moore is a better player than Zylstra, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Roman Gabriel? THE head coach of your Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks!?

I did not know that.  Used to play for the Rams in the 60s and maybe into the 70s.  My dad caught 35 passes his sophomore year at USC (today, that is like 80) so he never regretted it.  Gabriel and Dad met each other in all star basketball tournaments in 8th grade (Gabriel was from Wilmington, I believe) and then the Shrine Bowl and East West game.  He said that Gabriel almost pulled him to Raleigh. 

• Pie 1

The Tecklenburg signing makes me laugh. Dude was planning on retiring from football after college, but like Walker, he will he here as long as Rhule is here. And people hate reading that, but then they’ll be the first to whine “aww, we have no depth, how could this happen, how can we blame Ron and Hurney?”

Probably because we’re a job bank before a football team. Many teams pattern themselves after the Patriots, Giants or Steelers. We pattern ourselves after a mid-major program with no successful history and to make things worse, we yanked the coaches and players from the 2015 Temple Owls — who didn’t even finish the season ranked in the Top 25.

As for the “he does nothing every coach doesn’t do,” yeah other coaches bring in NFL guys and people from college powerhouses, they don’t shun better players to keep mid-major, semi-pro players they coached in college. Hell, Donald Trump could look at Rhule’s roster and if he weren’t illiterate, he’d probably say “Damn, now that’s some good nepotism!”

• Pie 3
  • Poo 2

8 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I personally think Moore is a better player than Zylstra, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. 

I 100% agree, but just assume that Zylstra is a different type of WR and special teams player--but I have no idea.  When Moore seemed like he was loafing during last game (Smitty commented on it) I wondered if something bad was going on in the locker room.  We never (prolly) expected to draft Marshall, but when he was there at the end of the second round, you take him.  That meant Moore's days were numbered.  I am guessing we tried to move him and could not.

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I did not know that.  Used to play for the Rams in the 60s and maybe into the 70s.  My dad caught 35 passes his sophomore year at USC (today, that is like 80) so he never regretted it.  Gabriel and Dad met each other in all star basketball tournaments in 8th grade (Gabriel was from Wilmington, I believe) and then the Shrine Bowl and East West game.  He said that Gabriel almost pulled him to Raleigh. 

I’d have loved to see a Skyhawks game. I bet Gabriel would’ve loved to see them win, too (went 0-10 in 1991)

0195A2B1-E005-4275-BDE3-F550BE820DE7.jpeg

• Pie 1