• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rebuilding vs Winning Now

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Again, wow 🙄

Tell you what, dude. I'm willing to give you one final breakdown just to be nice but after that I don't really plan to revisit this discussion because frankly I think it's kinda silly. Plus, as mentioned, there are way more interesting things to talk about at the moment.

Take a look at where the Panthers are right now.

- They have a quarterback they believe in

- Said quarterback is only 24 years old

- Their protection of that young quarterback they believe in is lacking because of subpar offensive line personnel

- On the other side of the ball, while they're good up front, on the outside and on the edges, there are some questions in the middle of the defense

- But even so, the team believes they can win with what they have

Got all that? Good 😐

Now, most football minds aren't going to look at the combination of factors listed here and come away saying to themselves "Well clearly, the first thing they need to prioritize is drafting a franchise quarterback of the future"

But that's where you are...

Oy 😕

Again, I get it. You don't believe in Darnold. I'm guessing you probably wanted Justin Fields. The Panthers didn't. Let It go.

Right now, Darnold is the guy. Heck, per Jeff Howe the team has already given some thought to extending him as long as he continues to play like he has so far.

So no, drafting a young guy to compete with him doesn't look to be on the table. Nor should it be. As discussed above, there are way bigger needs.

If something happens and Darnold declines massively over the rest of the season, then this might be a viable topic. As of right now though, it's just not.

And in reality, whether you like it or not, it might not be anytime soon.

That's just how it is. Complain about it if you want but it's not gonna change anything. The better choice would be to enjoy the ride like the rest of us are.

But hey, you be you.

There are 7 QBs in the NFL right now that have 10 or more total TDs. We have one of those QBs. 

If any QB is brought in it will not be a young guy, it will be a journeyman in case Darnold gets injured. I dont know what more Sam can do to stop these guys from wanting to draft a QB in the 1st round. 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If you said, we are spending a bit more than $4M (Pats paid for 1/4 of him) and a 6th round pick in 2023 on a player and that we could easily recoup a round higher comp pick in the same draft, in what world is that sacrificing your future? Are we spending anywhere close to Matt Stafford or Orlando Brown or Jamal Adams?

This a cheap move to keep the team as good as it was pre-Horn injury without impacting the rebuild at all.

The what? You seem to be arguing against what I said when we pretty much are in agreement.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Again, wow 🙄

Tell you what, dude. I'm willing to give you one final breakdown just to be nice but after that I don't really plan to revisit this discussion because frankly I think it's kinda silly. Plus, as mentioned, there are way more interesting things to talk about at the moment.

Take a look at where the Panthers are right now.

- They have a quarterback they believe in

- Said quarterback is only 24 years old

- Their protection of that young quarterback they believe in is lacking because of subpar offensive line personnel

- On the other side of the ball, while they're good up front, on the outside and on the edges, there are some questions in the middle of the defense

- But even so, the team believes they can win with what they have

Got all that? Good 😐

Now, most football minds aren't going to look at the combination of factors listed here and come away saying to themselves "Well clearly, the first thing they need to prioritize is drafting a franchise quarterback of the future"

But that's where you are...

Oy 😕

Again, I get it. You don't believe in Darnold. I'm guessing you probably wanted Justin Fields. The Panthers didn't. Let It go.

Right now, Darnold is the guy. Heck, per Jeff Howe the team has already given some thought to extending him as long as he continues to play like he has so far.

So no, drafting a young guy to compete with him doesn't look to be on the table. Nor should it be. As discussed above, there are way bigger needs.

If something happens and Darnold declines massively over the rest of the season, then this might be a viable topic. As of right now though, it's just not.

And in reality, whether you like it or not, it might not be anytime soon.

That's just how it is. Complain about it if you want but it's not gonna change anything. The better choice would be to enjoy the ride like the rest of us are.

But hey, you be you.

He is rooting for a Loss to the Eagles.   That's the vibes I'm getting from him.    smh.