• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold trade looking better and better

Tr3ach

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

QB's will be overdrafted anyway. I hope we can land a top shelf OT or IOL. That is our big need.

if brady can lock down this right tackle spot for the year im drafting the iowa center and signing a quality FA guard. our line could be night and day next season. center is the biggest need on the line imo

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Yup.  The Liberty kid and Carson Strong are the ones that I see really excelling in the college ranks.  Strong is a bit like the QBs we've pursued w/Rhule but we may not need to take a gander with Sam really showing well.  Here's to it hopefully continuing well.

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

if brady can lock down this right tackle spot for the year im drafting the iowa center and signing a quality FA guard. our line could be night and day next season. center is the biggest need on the line imo

I think the only lack of need on the OL is RT(Moton).

We need to focus on improving the line with a push to make it dominant by 2024ish. Make no mistake, that unit will need multiple offseasons to get vastly better.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Trubisky is way bigger and probably more athletic and has a stronger arm

Howell is more accurate and has a much much better deep ball. 

Not really seeing the comparison. 

Well Trubisky was a VASTLY more accurate college passer than Howell has been.

Howell‘s best season of accuracy is basically Trubisky's career average.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I think the only lack of need on the OL is RT(Moton).

We need to focus on improving the line with a push to make it dominant by 2024ish. Make no mistake, that unit will need multiple offseasons to get vastly better.

i think it would be fooish to spend high draft picks on olineman for the next 3 years when we have a bunch of second contracts coming up at extremely important positions. today is a big deal for Brady, even though i know he will hit rough patches im hoping he looks decent enough to continue to start and move Moton to the left permanently.

3 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

i think it would be fooish to spend high draft picks on olineman for the next 3 years when we have a bunch of second contracts coming up at extremely important positions. today is a big deal for Brady, even though i know he will hit rough patches im hoping he looks decent enough to continue to start and move Moton to the left permanently.

It isn't foolish, it's smart. Quality OL are rarer and rarer, hence why we have been able to trade for two great CB's but can't get a single team to bite on even a backup OL(according to our GM).

OL is the single and sole focus of the next offseason. Even over QB, which is clearly a weak point too.

I haven't seen many OL's worse than this in the NFL, much less in franchise history.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

It isn't foolish, it's smart. Quality OL are rarer and rarer, hence why we have been able to trade for two great CB's but can't get a single team to bite on even a backup OL(according to our GM).

OL is the single and sole focus of the next offseason. Even over QB, which is clearly a weak point too.

I haven't seen many OL's worse than this in the NFL, much less in franchise history.

I know but 3 drafts for top oline picks? There will be a lot of reactionary posts in this thread after today’s game. But 3 drafts for top oline is excessive to me. 

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

I know but 3 drafts for top oline picks? There will be a lot of reactionary posts in this thread after today’s game. But 3 drafts for top oline is excessive to me. 

I am not saying to ignore other needs or BPA but how in the world you don't go heavy OL in 2022+ is beyond me. fug me running...how is this not the most obvious and most critical need? There is literally nothing to build on in the two deep other than Moton. Nothing. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I am not saying to ignore other needs or BPA but how in the world you don't go heavy OL in 2022+ is beyond me. fug me running...how is this not the most obvious and most critical need? There is literally nothing to build on in the two deep other than Moton. Nothing. 

Oh I’m not saying we don’t draft olineman but 3 straight drafts of first/second round picks? Naw. I said already I’d lock in on the Iowa center this upcoming draft and go from there.

we also need a qb tho lmao

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Oh I’m not saying we don’t draft olineman but 3 straight drafts of first/second round picks? Naw. I said already I’d lock in on the Iowa center this upcoming draft and go from there.

we also need a qb tho lmao

I think you have to take at least 7-8 OL in the next 3 drafts. Sounds crazy but I mean it. There isn't a single member of our roster on that unit worth keeping other than Moton. Not one. That is a hell of a rebuild.

QB....I think Darnold is a better bridge QB than Teddy was. Let him play out his deal and maybe try and get him back for a short term cheap deal while you target your next QB. 

• Pie 1