Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Rumors are that the Hornets and Miles Bridges have started extension talks


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Especially with the new TV deal. I saw it was worth 8 billion a year, which doubles the last one.

100%, Bridges is looking at Jerami Grant’s and Harrison Barnes’ contracts and wondering why he can’t get paid $20M a year when the cap is only going to continue to go up.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bridges lack of a killer instinct or scorer's mentality might keep him from getting a huge deal. For example, there were times tonight he looked to shot or drive, but didn't for some reason. The game might not have been as close as it was if he had been more aggressive. Miles is a pretty decent shooter from deep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

"When he was in negotiations for his extensions a couple of weeks ago, I'm told the Hornets' baseline offer was four years, $60 million," said Brian Windhorst. "Which is $15 million per year. If you look at what Mikal Bridges, which we've compared him to during his career, got... which some people in the league feel is an overpay."

Mikal Bridges signed a four-year, $90 million extension with the Phoenix Suns.

Based on how Miles Bridges has played to start the season, he will be in line for a contract closer to what Mikal Bridges signed as opposed to Charlotte's extension offer.

 

 

 

 

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/264574/Hornets-Offered-Four-Year-$60M-Extension-To-Miles-Bridges

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

"When he was in negotiations for his extensions a couple of weeks ago, I'm told the Hornets' baseline offer was four years, $60 million," said Brian Windhorst. "Which is $15 million per year. If you look at what Mikal Bridges, which we've compared him to during his career, got... which some people in the league feel is an overpay."

Mikal Bridges signed a four-year, $90 million extension with the Phoenix Suns.

Based on how Miles Bridges has played to start the season, he will be in line for a contract closer to what Mikal Bridges signed as opposed to Charlotte's extension offer.

 

 

 

 

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/264574/Hornets-Offered-Four-Year-$60M-Extension-To-Miles-Bridges

Not surprised the Hornets lowballed him. That will bite them in the backside and cost them if they want to resign him this coming offseason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Not surprised the Hornets lowballed him. That will bite them in the backside and cost them if they want to resign him this coming offseason.

Oh man that’s bad… there’s a fine line between a lowball and a great deal, this was a flat out low ball.

With his bird rights we can essentially keep him for any amount of money but they might have been able to get him locked early on a 4x$20M which would have great deal in hindsight.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Oh man that’s bad… there’s a fine line between a lowball and a great deal, this was a flat out low ball.

With his bird rights we can essentially keep him for any amount of money but they might have been able to get him locked early on a 4x$20M which would have great deal in hindsight.

Yep. 70-80 million would have been a fantastic deal especially with his production.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...