• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021-2022 Games Thread

Captain Morgan

Updated standings heading into the final game for each team on Sunday.

7th. Brooklyn (43-38)

8th. Cleveland (43-38)

9th. Atlanta (42-39)

10th. Charlotte (42-39)

Final Games

Charlotte vs. Washington

Atlanta @ Houston

Cleveland vs. Milwaukee

Brooklyn vs. Indiana

There’s really no point in discussing the tiebreakers because there are so many scenarios… the Hornets could find themselves anywhere from 7th to 10th.

I will say that if the Hornets were to win on Sunday, the only team they wouldn’t have the direct head to head tiebreaker over would be Atlanta as Atlanta has a better record within the division. Charlotte would own the tiebreaker over Brooklyn and Cleveland should they end up tied.

However, there’s a chance that three of the teams could end up tied or even possibly all four… from there, there’s just too many scenarios to go over.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

21 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Updated standings heading into the final game for each team on Sunday.

7th. Brooklyn (43-38)

8th. Cleveland (43-38)

9th. Atlanta (42-39)

10th. Charlotte (42-39)

Final Games

Charlotte vs. Washington

Atlanta @ Houston

Cleveland vs. Milwaukee

Brooklyn vs. Indiana

There’s really no point in discussing the tiebreakers because there are so many scenarios… the Hornets could find themselves anywhere from 7th to 10th.

I will say that if the Hornets were to win on Sunday, the only team they wouldn’t have the direct head to head tiebreaker over would be Atlanta as Atlanta has a better record within the division. Charlotte would own the tiebreaker over Brooklyn and Cleveland should they end up tied.

However, there’s a chance that three of the teams could end up tied or even possibly all four… from there, there’s just too many scenarios to go over.

Edit:

I ran a few of the tiebreakers and I was incorrect, the Hornets cannot move up the the 7th seed, the best they can do is the 8th seed.

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Edit:

I ran a few of the tiebreakers and I was incorrect, the Hornets cannot move up the the 7th seed, the best they can do is the 8th seed.

I think it goes by record against other tied teams. If it's a 4 way I think it goes Brooklyn, charlotte,  Atlanta, Cleveland 

If Brooklyn takes 7th out right

It would be Atlanta, charlotte, Cleveland.

Edited by toldozer

8 hours ago, toldozer said:

I think it goes by record against other tied teams. If it's a 4 way I think it goes Brooklyn, charlotte,  Atlanta, Cleveland 

If Brooklyn takes 7th out right

It would be Atlanta, charlotte, Cleveland.

You are correct!

I guess the best case scenario is Charlotte wins, Atlanta loses, and Cleveland loses.

7th. Brooklyn

8th. Charlotte

9th. Cleveland

10th. Atlanta

Though the more likely scenario seems like Atlanta wins and Cleveland loses. Milwaukee is still playing for seeding so they shouldn’t be resting anyone.

7th. Brooklyn

8th. Atlanta

9th. Charlotte

10th. Cleveland

That’s not the worst case scenario as we can beat Cleveland at home and we should be able to beat Atlanta.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1