• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith said the reason for the drops was cause they were hospital balls, Chris Simms also eluded to it.

GoobyPls

Simms put blame on Brady and Darnold.

But if you look at every drop from Sunday’s game the majority didn’t have impact on the drives I think only 2 or 3 really halted drives. The rest were either not going for gains, or the drive continued. Not to mention Darnold lack of precision, almost every drop was a finger tip drop.

• Flames 2
  • Poo 12

This is the NFL.

A Wide Receiver should expect to get nailed every time they go to catch a Football by a Defender whose job is to separate the football from the receiver.  

Every pass thrown can quickly turn into a so-called "Hospital Ball".  

Give me a break with that Take. 🙄

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 8
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3
  • Poo 3

13 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Wrong

here’s Brady even mentioning it. It’s the QB responsibility to take care of his receivers 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/03/tom-brady-defensive-players-get-penalized-for-offensive-mistakes/

Then apparently he's doing something wrong if Sam is continuously putting the wide receivers "in danger"(OH NO! 😱  🙄)  then (I still stand by my statement, though).  

Maybe if he schemed the Wide Receivers open a bit BETTER, there wouldn't be any so-called "Hospital Balls" thrown....  There's a thought.

Maybe if he did a better overall job calling plays, things would be better in general....

...god, I hope he takes the LSU job and just f*cks off after this year.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

But if you look at every drop from Sunday’s game the majority didn’t have impact on the drives I think only 2 or 3 really halted drives. The rest were either not going for gains, or the drive continued. Not to mention Darnold lack of precision, almost every drop was a finger tip drop.

So instead of 3rd and 3 you have 3rd and 10 that doesn't impact play calling or how a defense plays you? Those things also kill a drive you do understand that? But we get it you don't like Darnold so whatever fits your narrative.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

33 minutes ago, Supbro said:

So instead of 3rd and 3 you have 3rd and 10 that doesn't impact play calling or how a defense plays you? Those things also kill a drive you do understand that? But we get it you don't like Darnold so whatever fits your narrative.

This entire thread is just another "All Sam's Fault" thread.    😴

The first pass was all him.    And some of the passes that he threw incomplete were also him.

The one fumble was bad(but that was more on the O-Line than anything else).

The rest was all on the Receivers' collective butterfingers and only ONE instance of DJ doing the "business decision" thing which was just an assumption by Vilma which some here are taking and running with as if it's fact and not acknowledging that DJ actually dropped a pass that hit him right on the hands.  #MakingExcuses

Had the WR's caught the passes that were catchable, we'd be sitting on 4-2 right now....still bitching but still 4-2.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 5
  • Poo 1

Oh and here's the link for Steve Smith on the radio. Funny again how you completely misinterpret what he's said to fit your narrative. If anything he's laying blame on the play calling and how they think they can out scheme the defense when they should be doing what a lot of us have been saying which is to run the ball more.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-kyle-bailey-show-podcast/the-clubhouse-steve-smith-37

Edited by Supbro
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, Supbro said:

Oh and here's the link for Steve Smith on the radio. Funny again how you completely misinterpret what he's said to fit your narrative. If anything he's laying blame on the play calling and how they think they can out scheme the defense when they should be doing what a lot of us have been saying which is to run the ball more.

https://twitter.com/wfnz/status/1450236570708103170?s=20

Supbro with the Drop Mic GIF by Captain Obvious

He wants it to sound like Smitty was blaming Sam so he included Sam in his diatribe-of-a-thread.     (and I couldn't give two sh*ts what Chris Simms has to say OR Tom Brady.   Hospital balls, my ass.   This is the NFL. Do your job and CATCH THE F*CKING FOOTBALL!)

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Seriously, if you’re not sure, why start a thread? PFF shows 8 drops, as in a catchable pass not caught by the receiver. Yes Sam missed some opportunities also, but these were not fingertip drops, so there’s plenty of blame to share for the suckage(OC included).

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1