• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield

Raleigh PF

7 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Yeah, that is going to sting. At this rate, it may end up being in the 40 range.

I hope things turn around, but right now we don't have a 2nd round pick this year because we traded it for a bust QB and we don't have a 3rd round pick because we traded it for a basket case CB who can't even get a jersey. I mean, maybe Mr. "In on every deal" needs to put down the damn phone because this

7OQFFOM5SJE7ZDO5G3QUKKS2WA.jpg

is starting to look a lot like this

hmgobwrgvxuba6klcawl.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Flames 3

After how many quarterbacks Cleveland has gone through in the last twenty years they aren't letting Mayfield leave town. It's funny seeing Panthers fans talk down on him. He's not even great but Sam Darnold has barely sniffed what Baker Mayfield did in his rookie season or last year and Sam was the most hyped quarterback out of that class.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope things turn around, but right now we don't have a 2nd round pick this year because we traded it for a bust QB and we don't have a 3rd round pick because we traded it for a basket case CB who can't even get a jersey. I mean, maybe Mr. "In on every deal" needs to put down the damn phone because this

7OQFFOM5SJE7ZDO5G3QUKKS2WA.jpg

is starting to look a lot like this

hmgobwrgvxuba6klcawl.jpg

law and order crazy shit GIF

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

After how many quarterbacks Cleveland has gone through in the last twenty years they aren't letting Mayfield leave town. It's funny seeing Panthers fans talk down on him. He's not even great but Sam Darnold has barely sniffed what Baker Mayfield did in his rookie season or last year and Sam was the most hyped quarterback out of that class.

If we had Mayfield, we're 5-1 and HYPED.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we had Mayfield, we're 5-1 and HYPED.

We can dream. Even without him they still won against a pretty tough Denver team. Why? Because they weren't worried about hurting Baker's feelings and didn't settle for a former XFL star. They brought in Keenum.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, frankw said:

We can dream. Even without him they still won against a pretty tough Denver team. Why? Because they weren't worried about hurting Baker's feelings and didn't settle for a former XFL star. They brought in Keenum.

Well, that and the other QB Rhule and company thought was the answer... well, he sucks too.

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, that and the other QB Rhule and company thought was the answer... well, he sucks too.

I've been critical but I would like to see him have a good game today. Talking about the draft next week isn't where I'd like to be. But this talk of running the ball more and involving Shi Smith does sound like we're preparing to wave the white flag.

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

Really a question for the next General Manager here. Not sure if the guy we have now makes it past this season.

Maybe past October.

He might Madden trade spam himself right on out the door. 

Once we started out 3-0 against the worst teams in the league, it felt like we whipped a 180 and went all in on win now mode and now we're badly depleted on draft capital.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He might Madden trade spam himself right on out the door. 

Once we started out 3-0 against the worst teams in the league, it felt like we whipped a 180 and went all in on win now mode and now we're badly depleted on draft capital.

You're seeing the same thing I am, then. It's really easy to  confuse massively busy with competence. Right now, he's hit on Hassan Reddick and that's it for the droves of new add-ons here, from free agent signings to trades.

And that draft class is looking, well... I'd have to give it an incomplete. Jaycee Horn looked good until the injury, but we honestly would have done better with an LT or QB in the first. Terrace Marshall Jr. has been, well, okay I guess for a WR3, but he hasn't made any real noise. Cristensen has been on the bench (first/second round gradeables my ass), Tommy Tremble has been okay but really just a serviceable TE. The rest either haven't seen the field or have spent most of their time sick in bed with a nurse, yanno?

Fitt just might not fit. And it might explain why he wasn't moving up over with the Seahawks. A team that lucked out on a QB, could never build an O-line and stockpiled DBs... hmmm, sounds familiar doesn't it?

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

You're seeing the same thing I am, then. It's really easy to  confuse massively busy with competence. Right now, he's hit on Hassan Reddick and that's it for the droves of new add-ons here, from free agent signings to trades.

And that draft class is looking, well... I'd have to give it an incomplete. Jaycee Horn looked good until the injury, but we honestly would have done better with an LT or QB in the first. Terrace Marshall Jr. has been, well, okay I guess for a WR3, but he hasn't made any real noise. Cristensen has been on the bench (first/second round gradeables my ass), Tommy Tremble has been okay but really just a serviceable TE. The rest either haven't seen the field or have spent most of their time sick in bed with a nurse, yanno?

Fitt just might not fit. And it might explain why he wasn't moving up over with the Seahawks. A team that lucked out on a QB, could never build an O-line and stockpiled DBs... hmmm, sounds familiar doesn't it?

ZQpVOPB.gif

Serious question: if the damned Cleveland Browns don't want to give him a huge contract, then why should we?

He's not a true franchise QB in my opinion--actually in many peoples' opinions. He cannot put an imperfect team on his back and drag them to victory when things go a little bit south. You're not going to win because of him, you're only going to win with him provided everything else is going damned near perfectly.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Serious question: if the damned Cleveland Browns don't want to give him a huge contract, then why should we?

He's not a true franchise QB in my opinion--actually in many peoples' opinions. He cannot put an imperfect team on his back and drag them to victory when things go a little bit south. You're not going to win because of him, you're only going to win with him provided everything else is going damned near perfectly.

Doing things the Browns don't do has historically been a pretty good roadmap.