• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When did you give up on Matt Rhule?

1 minute ago, AwwpoorSam said:

I think he's talking about Rhule himself...not all coaches.

Rhule's teams don't start having winning seasons until year 3

That’s fair. But again, I would be on board with that if it seemed like things were headed in the right direction. Things have gone horribly backwards and it’s probably time to cut our losses. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Captroop said:

The free agent QB market was dildos.

The QB that everyone was saying we should have drafted is dildos.

So what do you propose could have been done better, armchair GM with the benefit of hindsight?

It's the same thing with the OL conversation. The free agent offensive lineman were dildos. They're not doing any better.

You can't just manifest players because you want them. They have to be available. Or you have to develop them. Or in the case of Stafford, there has to be enough talent in place for them to WANT to play here. And there just isn't. And that's a problem Rhule inherited from the previous 2 GMs, not one of his own doing. It's going to take time considering we're starting the QB and OL pipeline from scratch. 

And WTF are you talking about with our rookie class. Horn was a stud before his injury and will be a stud. Brady looks promising at LT. Tremble is going to be our starting TE for a decade. And the rest could all emerge as starters. This is still one of the best draft classes in recent memory in terms of short and long term contribution.

Doubling down on two vet QBs who have shown that they are barely mediocre is inexcusable. I understand the logic of you can only go to war with the army you have but the way they have gone about it has been shambolic.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Captroop said:

So what do you propose could have been done better, armchair GM with the benefit of hindsight?

It's the same thing with the OL conversation. The free agent offensive lineman were dildos. They're not doing any better.

You can't just manifest players because you want them. They have to be available. Or you have to develop them. Or in the case of Stafford, there has to be enough talent in place for them to WANT to play here. And there just isn't. And that's a problem Rhule inherited from the previous 2 GMs, not one of his own doing. It's going to take time considering we're starting the QB and OL pipeline from scratch. 

And WTF are you talking about with our rookie class. Horn was a stud before his injury and will be a stud. Brady looks promising at LT. Tremble is going to be our starting TE for a decade. And the rest could all emerge as starters. This is still one of the best draft classes in recent memory in terms of short and long term contribution.

Should have just been patient and kept Teddy. 

4 minutes ago, Captroop said:

There was a better QB who signed with Buffalo as a FA. There was a better QB who was traded to Philly for a 6th. There was a good rookie OG available when we drafted a long snapper. Christensen actually literally sacked Darnold himself today. He literally tacked Sam Darnold himself. Tremble looks mediocre. He may or may not pan out. Thomas looked better as a rookie and he didn't. Keep drinking that Kool-Aid I guess.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What? 6-10 to 7-9 to 12-4. Rhule went 5-11 last year and is 3-4 this year with the trend arrow pointing straight down.

During a pandemic I guess that poo don't matter.. A new coach with no offseason doesn't matter I guess...

Do you really want to compare situation here??

Edited by WOW!!
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mistuh Jones said:

this is all I'm saying before I avoid this place for a while... it's freaking year 2. mistakes were made by thinking you could roll with this OL. that's it. so again, calm your collective tits. 

Who made those mistakes? Point me to the signs that we're improving as an organization because I'm missing them.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

this is all I'm saying before I avoid this place for a while... it's freaking year 2. mistakes were made by thinking you could roll with this OL. that's it. so again, calm your collective tits. 

We have seen year twos before.  This rebuild isn’t on track.