• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlovsky on Darnold

CRA

52 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Cam Newton isn't a hof qb.

He wasn't ever a top 5 qb in the league 

He also wasn't even the best of his generation. 

He was a very good player for us but that's it.

Prove your second statement for 2015. I'm not using it as a crutch.. when you say never, you need to be ready to defend it. 

Who were the 5 QB's in 2015 better than Cam "in the league"?

Edited by CLG

7 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

And you got tired of folks talking about Darnold until it was evident by everyone he was trash. I seen your post. You were wrong on Darnold.

I didn't have expectations for Darnold this year.

I was withholding judgement on him until he had something better than a wet paper towel in front of him.

He's cheap enough to try and fix while looking for plan B.

I was big on Minshew.

I was big on Watson before the uncertainty 

I'm big on getting Russell Wilson if he wants out of Seattle. 

But none of those things mean I'm ready to burn Sam yet.

2 minutes ago, CLG said:

Prove your second statement for 2015. I'm not using it as a crutch.. when you say never, you need to be ready to defend it. 

Who were the 5 QB's in 2015 better than Cam "in the league"?

He was never a better QB than these people.

They all played while he did and I would have traded him straight up for any of them.

Breese

Brady

Rodgers

Russell Wilson 

Rivers

Manning

Big Ben

Stafford

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

They all played while he did and I would have traded him straight up for any of them.

Breese

Brady

Rodgers

Russell Wilson 

Rivers

Manning

Big Ben

Stafford

I'll spare you... Moving on. 

Edited by CLG

3 minutes ago, CLG said:

He never was a top 5 right? Do your research and come back. You know football happens annually right? 

He was never elite.

He was always around the 10th best in the world on average.

Steve Beuerlein led the league in passing but I wouldn't have called him a top 5 QB either.

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He was never elite.

He was always around the 10th best in the world on average.

Steve Beuerlein led the league in passing but I wouldn't have called him a top 5 QB either.

He was never elite... how not? Start at 2015, 2017 had remnants too, Cam wasn't a flash in his career..I've seen coaching questioned more now than ever of my time being a panther fan. 

Funny, someone who took on mediocrity broke records in their first two games, energized the team. took us to the playoffs, and performed there with non starting talent. 

Continue... where was he not elite.. and not a top 10..in the league...

So why did Sam look semi-adequate in the first 3 games but then turned into the Jets Sam the past 4-games?  What changed other than CMC being out and that can’t be all of it.

Very similar to Teddy last year. The first 4-5 games he actually looked pretty good but as the season progressed he significantly regressed. 

Makes me wonder if it is the Panthers offense…ie Brady. Is the offense too predictable? Clearly Sam nor Teddy are/were not the QB answer but i don’t think it is all on them. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, thennek said:

So why did Sam look semi-adequate in the first 3 games but then turned into the Jets Sam the past 4-games?  What changed other than CMC being out and that can’t be all of it.

Very similar to Teddy last year. The first 4-5 games he actually looked pretty good but as the season progressed he significantly regressed. 

Makes me wonder if it is the Panthers offense…ie Brady. Is the offense too predictable? Clearly Sam nor Teddy are/were not the QB answer but i don’t think it is all on them. 

The Jets and Houston are two of the worst teams in the NFL and had rookies making their NFL debut. 

The other game? The Saints had been displaced by a hurricane.    Suffered a ton of injuries they were having to adjust for from the prior week…and had a ton of their coaching staff out. 

and now we aren’t playing rookies in their debut game or some oddity like the Saints were under

this isn’t like Teddy.  We were in every game minus the when we played the eventual Super Bowl champs.  And everyone on offense nearly had a career season. 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Stafford

13 hours ago, CLG said:

My G, you answered already..stand content in what you said. 

This man said that Cam was never better than Matt Stafford! What are the young kids saying these days? Epic fail, face palm, Kap, and whatever else to express the unwarranted hating. Man, Matt Stafford has never won a playoff game nor appeared in as many as Cam. And he had a first ballot HOF WR for a lot of those years. You are showing your lack of football knowledge or outright bias. Which is it?

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

This man said that Cam was never better than Matt Stafford! What are the young kids saying these days? Epic fail, face palm, Kap, and whatever else to express the unwarranted hating. Man, Matt Stafford has never won a playoff game nor appeared in as many as Cam. And he had a first ballot HOF WR for a lot of those years. You are showing your lack of football knowledge or outright bias. Which is it?

Why not both?

• Flames 1