• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Target: David Njoku??

CanadianCat

Just now, Squid Game said:

Right now, I would give Baker 35 to come here. 

Really not me, we need to do everything we can to get Watson if dolphins don’t get him or Rodgers if he would even come. I’m tired of just grabbing these qbs thinking we can make them better that ain’t happening.

29 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Lmao Baker isn’t getting 40 mil a year. Damn Keenum looked better than him the other night with a third string rb. He would be out of the league before that happens.

This is why I say it's an interesting problem.

Baker's one really bad game this year came against the Vikings - who are the #6 scoring defense in the league.  Otherwise he's been fine.  He was really good last year.  It seems the light finally came on for him.

He had passing stats like Kyler Murray, Matt Stafford, Lamar Jackson and David Carr.  Carr is making 20 million on a contract signed in 2017.  Stafford is also on a 20 million deal from 2017.  Jackson and Murray are still on rookie deals.

Goff, Cousins and Wentz are making 33 million.  Bakers stat line was better than Goff and Wentz, and not that far behind Cousins.

What happens there is likely to have a bearing on the entire QB market.

53 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Really not me, we need to do everything we can to get Watson if dolphins don’t get him or Rodgers if he would even come. I’m tired of just grabbing these qbs thinking we can make them better that ain’t happening.

I think we still have a real chance at Watson. I think a bunch of the reports are being leaked by Texans in attempt to get more from Miami and Carolina. Watson is probably smart enough to pick Carolina over Miami. Also, I can’t see Houston trading Watson to a team in the same conference. If Watson doesn’t end up here in Carolina by Tuesday, I think he sit out the rest of the year in Houston. 

1 hour ago, Squid Game said:

I think we still have a real chance at Watson. I think a bunch of the reports are being leaked by Texans in attempt to get more from Miami and Carolina. Watson is probably smart enough to pick Carolina over Miami. Also, I can’t see Houston trading Watson to a team in the same conference. If Watson doesn’t end up here in Carolina by Tuesday, I think he sit out the rest of the year in Houston. 

Yep what I’m thinking I think Carolina says they backed out to see if Houston will come down on price. I definitely don’t think it’s over, if it was he would have already been traded to Miami.

7 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yep what I’m thinking I think Carolina says they backed out to see if Houston will come down on price. I definitely don’t think it’s over, if it was he would have already been traded to Miami.

ha! I was kind of thinking the same thing. Negotiating 101 is never show blind interest. Tepper and Fitt are not dumb. 

• Beer 1