• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Advanced Passing Stats Through 8 Games(2020 vs. 2021)

kungfoodude

Just now, cranky said:

I would guess the two go hand in hand

Let's see how he typically has fared.

Bad Throw %: 18.5

Pressure %: 27.7

Bad Throw %: 18.5

Pressure %27.5

Bad Throw %: 17.8

Pressure %: 28.0

Bad Throw %: 19.3

Pressure %: 19.8

Looks like while his Pressure % has a 8.2 point span, his Bad Throw % only has a 1.5 point span. He is remarkably similar across the board. Makes me wonder how that compares to other bust QB's in similar situations. David Carr, Mitch Trubisky, etc. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

It's funny for one of the worst QB's in franchise history to have ardent fans. I don't remember this with Clausen. 

-Sam is doing better than teddy. 

-None of the stats support that. 

-Sam is better! 

You'd think they'd want a real quarterback and not settle for this garbage

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Yeah for real. Sam definitely has some fan boys on here

Whatever it is, it surely can't be his play on the football field these same guys were jumping up and down about Teddy's play last season, he wasn't afforded any of the excuses they are giving to Sam, same coaching staff, pretty much same receivers and offensive line. 

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Whatever it is, it surely can't be his play on the football field these same guys were jumping up and down about Teddy's play last season, he wasn't afforded any of the excuses they are giving to Sam, same coaching staff, pretty much same receivers and offensive line. 

Line and recievers played much better last year and Teddy wasn't willing to put it all on the line Sam is.

9 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He's Aaron Rodgers compared to Jimmy

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Line and recievers played much better last year and Teddy wasn't willing to put it all on the line Sam is.

You have an unhealthy Darnold obsession. It's as equally as weird as your Cam Newton hatred. 

I've never seen such a dichotomy of loving such a truly awful player yet hating the best player in franchise history. 

It's REAL weird, man.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Some interesting comparisons from last season and this season(QB, OL, WR). 

First Down Passing %

2020: 38.1%

2021: 31.9%

Intended Air Yards/Pass Attempt

2020: 7.0

2021: 7.9

Completed Air Yards/Pass Attempt

2020: 4.0

2021: 3.2

YAC/Cmp

2020: 4.2 yds

2021: 5.5 yds

Drop %

2020: 4.7%

2021: 7.6%

Bad Throw%(hilarious side note, PJ Walker has 9 bad throws on 15 attempts this season)

2020: 12.8%

2021: 19.8%

Pressure %

2020: 20.1%

2021: 27.9%

You don't happen to have Sam's accuracy numbers for the year do you?  Not his completion percentage but his acutally accuracy numbers.  Historically he has been bad in that department and it feels the same this year.

Everyone gets caught up in this narrative that he can't process, and yet there is probably some truth to this but its not that simple.  I think sometimes the accuracy just isn't there.

QB A is accurate 6/10 on third down and QB B is accurate 5/10.  That extra accurate throw can be the difference in the WR getting the 1st down or not.  That one 3rd down conversion can be the difference between an extra series staying alive and a team scoring an extra 7 points.

You give us an extra 7 points a game we have a top 10 offense.  Fans think in absolutes, Tom brady isn't accurate on every 3rd pass and Sam isn't inaccurate on every 3rd pass but instead its small percentages difference between them.

Even if Sam processes better he still has to make the throws.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Oddly, much more productive in YAC this season. That was surprising to see.

Sam has actually thrown some decent short range balls this year.  He throws a good slant usually.  I'm guessing that is helping the YAC considerable.  

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You have an unhealthy Darnold obsession. It's as equally as weird as your Cam Newton hatred. 

I've never seen such a dichotomy of loving such a truly awful player yet hating the best player in franchise history. 

It's REAL weird, man.

I don't hate Cam Newton.  He was a very good player for us. But he is now washed up. So is Steve Young,Jake,Montana,Bradshaw Etc.

And I'm sorry I can't call someone who wasn't the best in the league or even in his generation (I qualify that as anyone drafted within 2 years of you) the best we ever had.

Several players rate higher than him.

Again it's not his fault you guys are like simps with fat chicks online when it comes to him.

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's REAL weird, man.

Oh and I don't love Darnold either I'm just trying to be objective. 

Cam behind this mess would do no better. He had eons to throw in 2017 and 2018