• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phillip Rivers?

Raleigh PF

15 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Philip Rivers

image.png.eb1c67f249b669677c37d4aa0fb581ac.png

Sam Darnold

image.png.27b47b2b0240bf62094ba7287a3d854c.png

PJ Walker

image.png.3023938c56604903b24d92df4f3142dc.png

Edit: Rivers had over 4k yards, 24 TDs and 11 Ints last year, btw

This graphic oddly gave me a flashback to all the Huddlers that exclaimed, "I DON'T WANT MATT STAFFORD, HE ISN'T A WINNER!" 

But somehow they were okay with Sam Darnold.....

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

This graphic oddly gave me a flashback to all the Huddlers that exclaimed, "I DON'T WANT MATT STAFFORD, HE ISN'T A WINNER!" 

They were jaded because Stafford didn't want to come here. I don't blame him. 

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I was a little worried about Stafford's price tag given his age and my perception of when we could compete...

But the people that didn't think he was very good? Yeaaah...

As to Rivers, I'd take him in a heart beat for the rest of the year if that's what he wanted.

• Beer 1

Oh no, this was literally long before that happened. It was during the time he had requested to be traded and even before we were linked to him.

Well they dumb then. 

Admittedly, I didn't want him in the off season because I wanted us to draft a QB or trade for Watson(Prior to the legal issues). I wanted a long-term franchise QB. I don't see Stafford playing for the next 10 years like Brady, but maybe he does. However, if we were gonna trade for someone not named Watson, my first pick would've been Stafford. Dudes been an absolute baller. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I was a little worried about Stafford's price tag given his age and my perception of when we could compete...

But the people that didn't think he was very good? Yeaaah...

As to Rivers, I'd take him in a heart beat for the rest of the year if that's what he wanted.

He was actually very cheap for an elite QB. Not much more than Teddy was. I couldn't understand the thought process either. Stafford has always been an elite QB. He was just on a terrible franchise.

I'd take Rivers too but I wouldn't want to see him behind this OL. 

2 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Well they dumb then. 

Admittedly, I didn't want him in the off season because I wanted us to draft a QB or trade for Watson(Prior to the legal issues). I wanted a long-term franchise QB. I don't see Stafford playing for the next 10 years like Brady, but maybe he does. However, if we were gonna trade for someone not named Watson, my first pick would've been Stafford. Dudes been an absolute baller. 

His entire career he has been a baller. Tough as nails too. He's everything you could want in a QB.

Of course had we got him, he'd be wondering why he left Detroit. 

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He was actually very cheap for an elite QB. Not much more than Teddy was. I couldn't understand the thought process either. Stafford has always been an elite QB. He was just on a terrible franchise.

I'd take Rivers too but I wouldn't want to see him behind this OL. 

His entire career he has been a baller. Tough as nails too. He's everything you could want in a QB.

Of course had we got him, he'd be wondering why he left Detroit. 

I meant cost in draft picks rather than salary.  It was less about him specifically and more thinking we would be needing several years to really be competitive... and by then his window would be closing. It's why I wanted someone younger... (Watson pre allegations, or Fields lol)... I didn't think we would be as far along on D as we are now.

Edited by mav1234

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I meant cost in draft picks rather than salary.  It was we less about him specifically and more thinking we would be needing several years to really be competitive... and by then his window would be closing. It's why I wanted someone younger... (Watson pre allegations, or Fields lol)... I didn't think we would be as far along on D as we are now.

I mean does his cost seem high now compared to what Sam Darnold cost?

You want to be really sick? Darnold is going to cost us $19 mil in 2022. Stafford is going to cost LA $23 mil. 

I'll give up those picks for that.

I mean does his cost seem high now compared to what Sam Darnold cost?

You want to be really sick? Darnold is going to cost us $19 mil in 2022. Stafford is going to cost LA $23 mil. 

I'll give up those picks for that.

I don't honestly care about his salary. We will have a lot of cap room next year.  Darnold was a mistake but I also understand the logic.  Plus, not really being sure on Stafford myself didn't matter since he correctly saw LAR as more of a competitor than we were.

I just wanted a long term solution at QB.

• Beer 1