• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Headed to Charlotte on Thursday

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

Headed to Charlotte Thursday afternoon and leaving Monday evening. Haven’t been down in a few years and looking for some things to do aside from just the game on Sunday. Wouldn’t mind checking out some local breweries, distilleries/whiskey bars, and some great restaurants with a view (if possible). Visiting an old high school buddy of mine who has been in the Charlotte area a while now. I believe he has work all day on Friday so I’ll be exploring the city with another friend. If anyone wants to link up potentially for tailgating or grab a beer, let me know! Thanks all. 

Fahrenheit Charlotte for views, no other restaurant will beat those views. Thomas Street for best whiskey bars and dive bars. There are a few. Whiskey Warehouse for instance, great rooftop bar with some views and great ‘Sunday funday’ atmosphere early in the morning. I recommend their sangrias if you like them. Best breweries are on the west side of 77 or right before and also in NoDa (North Davidson). 

Capital Grille down town is delish but very expensive. Their food is great, but their martinis at the bar are the best I’ve ever had. Best sushi is going to be Pieces followed by Ru Sans.

Uptown Cabaret is the only strip club worth going to IMO on a weekend night if that’s your thing. Midnight diner is walking distance and open 24 hours (or was) great for food after being wasted.

Best pool hall in area is Rack Em, a bit far in Matthews but greats atmosphere on weekends and a ton of full size tables. If you’re into pool I usually start there and work towards the city.

Nightclubs are a whole other topic I can expand on if interested.

There are some other spots, but that should fill your day with the best, which is subjective…but you won’t be disappointed. Don’t know how COVID affected these places I moved right before.

Would definitely have a beer with you and show ya around if I wasn’t stuck out here in the fuging desert on the west coast paying 10x more to live.

Edited by onmyown