• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Take - Cam is a Box Office Move

CPcavedweller

3 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

You aren't this level headed when people are all in on burn the whole thing down and fire everybody. The optimists have every right to enjoy good times the way you enjoy failure.

Looks like I’ve had more enjoyment than the optimistic folks so far doesn’t it ? 

On 11/15/2021 at 10:41 AM, CPcavedweller said:

Do they not know that the Panthers have PSL's and are sold out every game? The ticket revenue is in hand so no, this isn't about tickets. This is about capitalizing on having a Top 5 defense, Christian McCaffrey, DJ Moore, Anderson, our right tackle, etc. It's about having an ROI measured in wins. If Tepper wanted a losing team, he wouldn't be paying guys. 

Sure, they may pocket some cash from jersey sales but it's miniscule compared to what they pocket by WINNING.

Cam was brought here to win and Stephen A. Smith is a tool on this topic. I like him, I like his show, but he seems to firmly believe in what he is saying here and it's beyond idiotic.

I read somewhere that ticket prices went up over 40% after Cam signed. Is this not true?

7 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

I read somewhere that ticket prices went up over 40% after Cam signed. Is this not true?

Very little impact on Teppers bottom line... Most of those I believe are on the secondary market.

Cam was brought back because he was the best QB available and significantly better than what we had in our QB room even before Darnold was basically ruled out for the rest of the year.

4 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Resale tickets for sure. Many seats are going for double face value. But it wasnt simply to sell tickets but rather give fans a reason to still want to come to the games.  When you lose more at home than you win several years in a row it wears on your fanbase and that included the last several years Cam was here. But it was the best all around move and that includes the best football decision. Tepper has nothing to lose but money and he has plenty to burn. It was a win win.