• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deangelo Williams and Gary Barnidge on Cam and yesterday's game

PanthersATL

45 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I'm a huge fan of the team.

But I'm honest about Cam.

He was and might still be a great football player.

He was just never on the same level as a QB as Brady Rogers Breese Manning Etc.

It's the same thing they said on the podcast. He had one phenomenal year in 2015. It was awesome. But that guy doesn't exist anymore. 

I'm hoping he can be 2018 pre Watt Cam.

If so we can make some noise just give it to Cmac and let Cam throw maybe 20 passes a game to keep the D honest and his shoulder fresh. Maybe 25 passes.

I don't want him getting ground up.

Man why can't some people appreciate different styles of football. Cam is great. No he didn't sit back in the pocket like Brady or Brees, or Manning. He is closer to Rodgers than any of the styles of 2000's.  If Brady could run he would, and so would manning but they couldn't  plus they were from a different Era where being dual was frown upon and really considered a black thing.  Cam completely transition that from a negative narrative. If Cam had what Brady possessed in coaching there is no telling how great he could have been. Even though playing for this dysfunctional franchise he was still able to make something out of nothing. Yea Brady is great, Brees, Manning all great.  Cam is Cam. He is special, one of a kind. Can you say that about the others! And no this is not a question.

Edited by Darvinsun
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

De Angelo wasn't  part of 2015. His popularity dwindled with Cam being there. To me D'Angelo was correct with his assessment as far as Cam not being 2015 what I didn't  like was the tone and the comment of not making playoffs bc it is in their reach they play the very people who are fighting for the spit  They control their own destiny pretty much. The other guy who I barely remember is a hater. Talking about people forgetting about PJ and Cmc the other contributors. No one has forgotten them, but this was a assessment of the effect Cam had on the team not who gave the most on the field. He is indeed a hater. He thought he was better than what he was and should have gotten more credit but now sitting in a roller chair like me ..lol

I agree with the last part GB is a hater with absolutely no type of clout

DeAngelo never liked Cam. Hell it wasn’t even halfway into 2011 when he was RTing fans saying “I wanna see @DeAngeloRB get more carries,” “why does Cam ignore DWill,” etc. It’s always been resentment. That’s a dude who admitted he played for the money and he never cared about his team or his fans. Couldn’t imagine why teammates loathed him. 

Barnidge is just striving for relevancy. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

Man why can't some people appreciate different styles of football. Cam is great. No he didn't sit back in the pocket like Brady or Brees, or Manning. He is closer to Rodgers than any of the styles of 2000's.  If Brady could run he would, and so would manning but they couldn't  plus they were from a different Era wear being dual was frown upon and really considered a black thing.  Cam completely transition that from a negative narrative. If Cam had what Brady possessed in coaching there is no telling how great he could have been. Even through playing for this dysfunctional franchise he was still able to make something out of nothing. Yea Brady is great, Brees, Manning all great.  Cam is Cam he is special one of a kind can you say that about the others!

Let's not forget JR aka the "Big Cat" was never the type of owner as those other QB's had who actually spent the money to give their QB everything they needed to try and win a Superbowl

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Fun fact for the “PJ was the key” crowd:

Cam Newton, in his first two snaps yesterday, scored more touchdowns than PJ Walker has in 10 quarters. 

Fun fact. 

My guy Cam has the 3rd highest win % in Panther history 

#1? Mr. Phillip “Mr November” Walker Jr

image.gif.62ffb839d88a186f1e3c5a7544268bb2.gif

• Flames 1

38 minutes ago, 95Panthers4Ever said:

You haven't said anything in regards to stats at all you're just focused on a shoulder that was repaired over a year and a half ago smh

I posted his stats of anything over 15yds last year he was below average.

Off the top of my head about 45% completion 

4 td 7 int

QB rating of around 65.

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

I posted his stats of anything over 15yds last year he was below average.

Off the top of my head about 45% completion 

4 td 7 int

QB rating of around 65.

maybe NE’s trash roster last season had something to do with that.   

• Pie 1