• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So...... A New HC

Liminy

Ok, I understand that this has been gone over many many times but I am just wondering what all options we have at head coach?? Shannahan? Gruden? Holmgren? Cowher? Some great OC or DC?? I'm just so unsure, I am so tired of this bs coaching job. I just don't know what to think anymore. Everyone sounds like a good coach when I think about replacing John Fox. I want a coach with some passion and fire. I want a coach that isn't just going to shrug off some horrible games and not use them to fuel the fire under this teams ass.

What you guys think? :confused:

Gruden is off the list because he signed a contract extension with espn.

Doesn't matter, those contracts always have agreements that if a opportunity comes up in the NFL he can accept it and return the money. It's happened with a few coaches.

Gruden is off the list because he signed a contract extension with espn.

Thank goodness. He would be horrible here, even worse than Fox. Gruden got lucky that he won a SB, 'cause he didn't do it himself. He took Dungy's team & just stick with it. If Dungy didn't get fired at that time, he would've won the SB eariler with them compare to when he won with the Colts.

no retreads, please.

i don't have a preference one way or another about an offensive or defensive minded coach. if he's a good HC then it wouldn't matter what bent he had because he would back off and let his OC and DC do their job. you hire the best people for the job and let them do it. that is what the HC should do. that's what any good manager should do. you provide guidance and give direction and trust that your guys can make it happen.

top of my list is jim harbaugh.

I am the opposite of what Rayzor wants.... I dont want a cooridnator or something that has never been a HC before. I just think that comes with to much risk and I am not in the mood to see the Panther take that chance right now. They have to much talent and its going to have to be a guy thats been there before that will take this team to the next level.

I think Holgrem would be great here. He has won in two different cities and can develope a QB. I also think he is smart enought, and knows enough people that he could bring in top cooridinators.

Del Rio? I rather have him as the DC or work with Meeks or whatever, but not as a HC. He is horrible as a HC with how the Jaguars been terrible for years with him there.

Though I don't want him here, I wouldn't say Del Rio is horrible, nor would I say the Jags have been terrible for years. Under Del Rio, the Jags have been not unlike the Panthers under Fox: inconsistent. Good years follow bad years (and often these bad years are riddled with injuries).

Del Rio turned the Panthers defense around the one year he was here, and the Jaguars defense during their good years has been pretty good.

I think he has what it takes to be a good coach in this league, I just don't think I want him here.

no retreads, please.

I think I'm with you there.

holmgren will be in cleveland.

and every new HC comes with risk.

seifert had all the experience that you want and rings to show for it and what did we get?

there are risks associated with every candidate.

btw...jim harbaugh has HC experience. not on the pro level but all good HCs were in that same boat before they got their first shot.

holmgren will be in cleveland.

and every new HC comes with risk.

seifert had all the experience that you want and rings to show for it and what did we get?

there are risks associated with every candidate.

btw...jim harbaugh has HC experience. not on the pro level but all good HCs were in that same boat before they got their first shot.

I hear ya Rayzor that all come with a risk. People always use Seifert as an example with the negative of bring in a "successful" HQ. I never thought Seifert was a good choice. I didnt like it at the time. He was just like Switzer - took over a great team and won with it. Sure that takes talent but its MUCH different than building one.

My preferrence is a HQ like Holmgren who has proven he could it by doing so in multiple places. I also would have LOVED if Richardson could have brought Parcells here a couple of years ago. He is another example of a guy that wins whereever he goes.

Archived