• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther legend wished me a happy birthday!

Chad_Cota

7 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

I mean "CAMEO" is literally written in giant letters at the bottom left of the screen, it didn't sound like something that was intended to be hidden.  I was more bringing awareness to the service for others in the thread - clearly people were in awe of this shoutout and the dude I specifically quoted sounded particularly excited about the prospect of something like a birthday shoutout so I offered up insight into how he can acquire something like that if he was interested.  Sounds like a lot of people would be interested in this.  I'm surprised apparently no one has heard of Cameo before.  I'd be willing to bet the OP probably already knows it's a Cameo as his first question to his wife was probably "How in the hell did you manage this?".

Sounds like you're suggesting he should be less excited about it knowing that it's a paid service, which appears to be your opinion that you are projecting onto others including the OP.  Newsflash: unless you're creating something by hand, you're just forking over money for a product or service, which probably accounts for the vast majority of birthday gifts.  That doesn't make it less special or thoughtful.  Still a lot of thought goes into a gift like this, as his wife clearly knows he's a huge Panthers/Smitty fan and also included a write-up with more context, like how OP has a Smitty jersey in his office.  Very thoughtful gift, which is exactly what I said in my post.  But I apologize for offending you on OP's behalf.

Imagined being triggered enough to do this much typing to poo on a complete stranger's birthday gift on the internet. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

On 11/19/2021 at 1:08 PM, Luciu5 said:

lol @ Steve Smith being on Cameo. I know there are some legit superstars up there, but it's mostly B-list and washed up celebs trying to make a few bucks. I means Steve Smith does have a real job and I can't imagine he makes that much from Cameo to be worth it.

Not everything in life is about making a cheap buck. Some people use Cameo to connect with fans knowing the interaction can make a lot of people's day. There's a doctor who does a lot of comedic content on social media and has a pretty big presence particularly among the medical community. He has a Cameo and donates 100% of the money to charity. As much as Steve Smith made in his playing career and currently makes as an analyst, I really doubt he's doing these for a hundred bucks here and there.