• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The seas have parted

saX man

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

He hired Matt Rhule after lobbying for Tomlin to be fired. I guess you’re saying he might have learned more since the Rhule failure?

To be honest, all Tepper has to have learned in the interim is that he should hire a highly regarded NFL consultant to find the next head coach, rather than relying on his gut instinct or people like Marty Hurney.

1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

To be honest, all Tepper has to have learned in the interim is that he should hire a highly regarded NFL consultant to find the next head coach, rather than relying on his gut instinct or people like Marty Hurney.

Letting Marty Hurney hire your HC is like bringing in the guy that mowed your lawn to make your blueprints for your new built home.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Sooners want that Kingsbury guy at Arizona who was a HC in college and is doing ok in the NFL.

Rhule might have done better as Panthers HC had he surrounded himself with successful NFL coaches who had years of experience.  Instead, he was giving the keys to the kingdom and chose to surrounded himself relative newbs like himself. 

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

I’m big on Eberflus. I liked him during the last search. I also like Daboll from Buffalo.

I have this weird feeling Mike Tomlin is gonna get fired and Tepper is gonna hire him since he’s a Pittsburgh guy.

Yes. Because the Steelers have a history of firing coaches on a whim…lol. Tomlin wouldn’t work for Tepper anyhow. He’ll be the Steelers coach for at least 10 more years.