• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The money part of firing Rhule

Chiefzack

Fitts has been in the league a long time . Tepper should ask him what does he thing the problem is .  He should ask him if Brady is the problem and who should replace him .  Get on the phone and bring that person in during the bye week .  This would let Rhule know he is next and to get control of the team .  If Rhule is the problem , then start the recruiting process now . This would get a jump start on other teams looking for a head coach .  Either way we all know this team is better than their record .  

11 hours ago, Chiefzack said:

If Tepper decided to pull the plug after this season, a big consideration is Matt Rhule is due 5 years 100% guaranteed at $10 million... so 50 million

If I'm not mistaken, those buyouts usually don't equal "coach gets a check" there's terms that usually say if terminated, you can accept this lump sum amount or get payments of the remaining balance over 10-12 years, but if you accept payments you cannot accept another job.

I'm just wondering if Matt's contract is as iron clad as made out? Usually most coaches don't ever usually get 100% of that guaranteed amount unless they take payments, so they get a lump sum of 50-60%.

Tepper is worth $15bn, with a B

Money would not be a problem if he wanted to terminate Rhule's contract. I don't think he should - but I do think that Brady needs to pack his bags. 

21 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

Tepper probably makes that much in a months time.

Possibly just weeks.  Since becoming the Panthers owner Dave has been adding to his fortune at a rate of over a billion dollars per year.  

Hiring and firing is just the cost of doing business.

REAL TIME NET WORTH. $15.8B. as of 11/29/21. David Tepper, arguably the greatest hedge fund manager of his generation, has been steadily returning money...

https://www.forbes.com › profile › david-tepper 

• Beer 1