• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article about Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett

Ricky Spanish

On 12/10/2021 at 8:16 AM, Ricky Spanish said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/10/23/packers-nathaniel-hackett-coach/

He's at the top of my list. Excerpts below as to why:

Dude sounds like a breath of fresh air. Forward thinking, adapts, embraces change. 

I want.

We can't afford an upstart. Head coaching experience on the NFL level is like nothing else.

We need to galvanize the fan base with an experienced leader in the locker room. Someone who can walk in and set up shop immediately.

You know who that is.

3 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Head coaching experience preferred.

Just got burned.

Nfl experience preferred tbh. I’m fine with someone learning how to be a head coach on the job as long as they have nfl experience and have connections to nfl coaching. I’m guessing this dude would be calling the plays as well as being the head coach. 

53 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Nfl experience preferred tbh. I’m fine with someone learning how to be a head coach on the job as long as they have nfl experience and have connections to nfl coaching. I’m guessing this dude would be calling the plays as well as being the head coach. 

Between he and his dad, Hackett's past experience has put him in contact with several former head coaches, the most prominent of which would be Jon Gruden (also his brother Jay). But for obvious reasons, Jon isn't likely to be part of his coaching staff. Jay, maybe.

The former head coach I'd most likely expect to be offered a staff position is Doug Marrone. Hackett and Marrone go way back. Plus he's got a pretty solid rep as an OL coach.

There's also several DC options with head coaching backgrounds. Those include Jim Schwartz, Gus Bradley, Mike Pettine and even Wade Phillips.

Others: Tom Cable, Rod Marinelli, current Raiders interim coach Rich Bisaccia and even our old buddy Rob Chudzinski.

Hackett with Jim Schwartz as his DC, Rich Bisaccia running special teams and someone like Marrone or Juan Castillo coaching the O-Line would be a dream scenario.

Edited by Mr. Scot