• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer

LinvilleGorge

7 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Of course he does. That’s not the issue. Although it’s easy to see why you want to get away from it. They can talk all day, every day. Colbert has final day on roster decisions. And so do over half the GMs in the NFL. Now it’s “he picks who plays”. That’s adorable deflection. 

So in your world, coaches hand GMs a list and tell them exactly who to pick. And if they refuse, they are gone? Priceless!!!

Coaches have a philosophy and scheme tell the GM this is the player type I need to fit my Scheme.. The Gm and his scouts find players to fit that scheme.. The Gm doesn't tell the coach no you need to run a different scheme and I'll draft players to fit the scheme I want you to run.. When has the latter happened..

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Morgan arrived too late in the offseason to have any significant impact on free agency, not that it might have mattered much with Mr. "I want versatility" in place.

Now I want to see what Fitterer and Morgan can do with the actual power to make the roster.

The main changes I want to see made are, obviously, coaching (preferably Nathaniel Hackett, maybe Brian Daboll if Morgan pushes for him), pruning any ody associated with Rhule from the team and procuring some additional front office types (Lake Dawson from Buffalo would be nice, Fitterer's old buddy Scot McCloughan if he can stay sober).

My one question is what to do with Pat Stewart. He's technically a Rhule guy but he does also have legit experience for his role.

Daboll is intriguing and Morgan should have good insight. Kellen Moore is intriguing too I'm just not sure how eager Tepper will be to go with a young relatively inexperienced offensive savant after the Brady flop.

10 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Nothing saves a GM job more then drafting a New QB. And Pittsburgh had 2 chances to get one and they went with the HC (Tomlin) who still had faith in Ben and added more to his defensive philosophy.  

Pick another team.. 

WTF are you talking about? Tomlin or Colbert don’t make that decision. As I already stated. Why would two people who have never had a losing season together need “saving”? This is sad. Maybe I can tell you what it feels like for your team to win a SB. 6 times. I think I’ll be fine.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Daboll is intriguing and Morgan should have good insight. Kellen Moore is intriguing too I'm just not sure how eager Tepper will be to go with a young relatively inexperienced offensive savant after the Brady flop.

I honestly think that Daboll is not the capable head coach that is being floated out there. Opposing defenses have figured out the Bills offense, and Daboll is not adjusting. Just like how Shula was saved by Cam, Daboll is saved by Josh. I'd prefer to stay away from him.

As for Kellen Moore, he definitely has days where he looks like an absolute gem, but there are other Sundays where even Cowboys fans are scratching their heads.  I prefer we steer clear of these two. I think we all know who the right candidate wil be if Rhule is let go.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

WTF are you talking about? Tomlin or Colbert don’t make that decision. As I already stated. Why would two people who have never had a losing season together need “saving”? This is sad. Maybe I can tell you what it feels like for your team to win a SB. 6 times. I think I’ll be fine.

Tomlin makes that decision because he could have bench Ben weeks ago.. He also could have drafted his replacement 2 years ago when they traded up for a MlB..

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I honestly think that Daboll is not the capable head coach that is being floated out there. Opposing defenses have figured out the Bills offense, and Daboll is not adjusting. Just like how Shula was saved by Cam, Daboll is saved by Josh. I'd prefer to stay away from him.

As for Kellen Moore, he definitely has days where he looks like an absolute gem, but there are other Sundays where even Cowboys fans are scratching their heads. 

Moore is Jerry Jones' personal project. He'll be a HC one day, but that is a long way off.

Edited by Richard Cranium 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Coaches have a philosophy and scheme tell the GM this is the player type I need to fit my Scheme.. The Gm and his scouts find players to fit that scheme.. The Gm doesn't tell the coach no you need to run a different scheme and I'll draft players to fit the scheme I want you to run.. When has the latter happened..

Because in one scenario, a HC is telling a GM what TYPE of players they want. And the GM chooses the players to fit that. In a HC with total control like Rhule, he actually choose which players at which picks. Big difference. Not a hard concept for anyone not clouded With an agenda. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Moore isn't experienced enough. That's another "next Sean McVay" hopeful that I just can't justify.

Daboll could be good and he's got the connections to build a good staff. His star is fading somewhat of late but the connections to Dan Morgan and Pat Stewart could count for a lot.

Fitterer has no connections to any of the up and coming HC candidates that I've been able to find but there are some back channel Packers-Seahawks acquaintances that might lead to Nathaniel Hackett. At the very least, you'd have to figure he knows of him by rep.

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

And finally who do you think decided who makes the team and who doesn't the coach or the GM?? Isn't that final roster say??

For what team? 

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Tomlin makes that decision because he could have bench Ben weeks ago.. He also could have drafted his replacement 2 years ago when they traded up for a MlB..

Why? Become you want it to be true. You provide nothing as usual but random thoughts from yourself. You think the Panthers are trying to trade for Watson without Teppers OK? Considering they took a QB in the 3rd the year before, and Ben had about a 43M dead cap hit, he was never going anywhere. But don’t let facts get in the way

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Because in one scenario, a HC is telling a GM what TYPE of players they want. And the GM chooses the players to fit that. In a HC with total control like Rhule, he actually choose which players at which picks. Big difference. Not a hard concept for anyone not clouded With an agenda. 

We literally saw the video.. Rhule had a few favorites.. Tepper wanted Olinemen.. And Fitt found ways to get those players..

You don't think that happens in most if not all organization..

Example..

Cardinals GM draft Rosen.. Hired a new coach .. Coach wants his college QB.. They drafted Kyler got rid of Rosen.. Same Gm..

It happens in every organization.. And the teams you named are some of the coaches with the most control.. That's what's funny.. 

Didn't the Gm in Tampa draft Jameis ?? And when Arians couldn't work with him.. That same GM got rid of the QB he drafted.. Who has the final roster say??

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

For what team? 

Why? Become you want it to be true. You provide nothing as usual but random thoughts from yourself. You think the Panthers are trying to trade for Watson without Teppers OK? Considering they took a QB in the 3rd the year before, and Ben had about a 43M dead cap hit, he was never going anywhere. But don’t let facts get in the way

Every team...

I didn't say Tepper didn't have roster say.. I'd said Coaches usually have final roster say.. And most if not all GM'S (Except Gentlemen) get players that fit there coach desired philosophy..