• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why We’re Mad

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: We're not eliminated.

As to the topic though, fans can handle losing in a newish situation if we actually looked competitive.

We don't.

It's one thing to lose, another to look like losers in the process.

Good point. Last year's team was frustrating because of the narrow losses, but at least the team was still compelling. With the exception of our 2nd losses to Tampa and New Orleans, all of our losses were by 10 points or less.

This year's team just looks bad. The QB play has clearly diminished from last year. The O-line looks worse this season which I didn't think was possible. The bad offense is having a side effect of hurting the defense because they're on the field for  too many snaps. Plus, it has to be hard on morale when you know the offense is usually non existent in the 2nd half and lacks firepower to be competitive with good teams.

If someone told me at the start of the season that we'd be this bad on 2021 I would've told them that they were CRAZY.

• Pie 1

At some point, probably now, for many of us the disappointment and or anger turns to apathy 

it was this way when JR jettisoned Seifert 

the same should happen with Rhule.  It is not working  I listened to his press conference and all he ever does is bash players…over and over and over.

The mistakes with free agency, contracts, talent evaluation and throwing away draft picks while neglecting the two most important positions on the field when the draft position was there to attempt remedy are egregious 

one has to ask, what owner would have signed off on any of that ?  

for whatever good it does, I did send my ticket rep and the team the web form that said if Rhule is back I’m out.  I suspect quite a few PSL owners share those sentiments were sent  better things to do with my money and time 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

We live in a world where everyone demands instant gratification.  No one has patience any more and if we hire a new coach he gets one season to turn this around or everyone will call for his head as well.  

I think Rhule should get more time but that probably isn’t realistic 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

We live in a world where everyone demands instant gratification.  No one has patience any more and if we hire a new coach he gets one season to turn this around or everyone will call for his head as well.  

If you can’t tell by now he’s a joke, you need to find another way to spend your time. I was all for Seiferts 3rd season. He took us to .500 for basically 2 years. Was all for Ron’s because there was improvement.

Next year will be worse. It’s coming apart at the seams now.

• Beer 2

Just now, Cdparr7 said:

If you can’t tell by now he’s a joke, you need to find another way to spend your time. I was all for Seiferts 3rd season. He took us to .500 for basically 2 years. Was all for Ron’s because there was improvement.

Next year will be worse. It’s coming apart at the seams now.

I will do what I want.  You can go ahead and get in with the whiners parade.  Thats your deal buddy

11 minutes ago, Shocker said:

It would be nice if Rhule would try to fix the problems that existed before he took the job. How could our o-line and quarterback situation be worse two years into a rebuild?

19 minutes ago, Newbie said:

It would be nice if Rhule would try to fix the problems that existed before he took the job. How could our o-line and quarterback situation be worse two years into a rebuild?

Well the defense sucked when he got here.  Also, he obviously tried to find a young QB and it didn’t work out.  There isn’t a massive pool of great QBs to choose from here.  The lack of quality OL is a league wide problem.  He can’t conjure them out of thin air.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Ellis Williams pointed out that rather than fixing existing problems, Rhule is creating new ones.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Well the defense sucked when he got here.  Also, he obviously tried to find a young QB and it didn’t work out.  There isn’t a massive pool of great QBs to choose from here.  The lack of quality OL is a league wide problem.  He can’t conjure them out of thin air.

Well there’s gonna be 14 teams in the playoffs that didn’t have that problem.

Edited by Cdparr7
  • Pie 1

Too funny. If you are defending Rhule and he isn't making you money then you need to have you head checked.

He is not a NFL level coach. He doesn't have the experience, knowledge or ability to keep up with his competition. It's obvious at this point. Now all that is left is what Tepper is going to do with the failure he hired.